Go to footer

Liv boy Jake IS HERE!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Liv boy Jake IS HERE!

Postby delbelcoure » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 am

I lucked out, Walmart had 2 Jakes, so I bought them both. I want to shave the second one and wig him. I also want to repaint his eyebrows and give him different colored eyes.
There were 21 Making Waves doll on the shelf and only 2 of them were Jakes. When I went back later in the week ( I was so excited about Jake that I forgot to check for Monster High GB dolls) they had restocked the MW dolls. There were 21 on the shelves again, but none of them were Jakes. No wonder these boys are so hard to find - it seems that they are being undermanufactured.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm

embyquinn wrote:
Wardah wrote:If his head is the same size as the girls couldn't you just cut off his hair and use the existing Liv or Moxie wigs? I bet he'd look cute with a fro.

I thought about that, yeah...but I think his head's a bit bigger. Now that might just be the hair, but to be honest I'm a little scared to cut off his hair since he was the only one I could find and i don't want to ruin him.

You would have to remove the hair for a reroot anyways.

DollyKim wrote:I washed the product out of his hair and it looked much better. It's a nice natural color. His skin tone doesn't matter to me, I gave the comparison for those looking to hybrid.

Rooting wise his head is a bit stiff but it isn't rock hard. I'm in the same situation in only having one and not wanting to risk breaking his neck in popping his head off. As for popping a wig on his head isn't shaped right for them, it kind of sits on top.

So would he be better suited for a fur wig or other soft cap type wig?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I guess any kind of wig would work if it was his size. He just doesn't fit Liv girl wigs.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:01 pm

It appears there is going to be another boy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52946268@N08/5389326252/

I wonder if his skintone is going to be the same as Jake or different and I wonder if the dancing mechanism is going to interfere with poseability.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 pm

I took the plunge and de-haired my Jake. Come to find out, it seems he was originally meant to be wigged.

And Liv wigs will fit the de-haired Jake with a bit of coaxing. MT wigs, however, will not.

Jake is now a blond named Johnny. Pictures hopefully tomorrow.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 pm

I took the plunge and de-haired my Jake. Come to find out, it seems he was originally meant to be wigged.

And Liv wigs will fit the de-haired Jake with a bit of coaxing. MT wigs, however, will not.

Jake is now a blond named Johnny. Pictures hopefully tomorrow.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:34 am

I found a solitary Jake when I took a gander at my only Toys R Us so of course I fucking bought him mwahahahaha. Eh, real life has severely drained me to write much but his body is the same height as a Male slim (shoulder height, heads vary), his body reminds me of the Takara Jenny boyfriend jointed body except for the fatter neck. Much less prettier than a Fashionista but way more posable. The neck knob is fatter than the fashionista necks, although I think it's slightly shorter so yeah. It more teen-ly than most other guys in this scale but I think it's amazing. I'm thinking of getting a few more to put my Vintage Allan head upon and another to make my Mini me as it's the right height and nicely posable.

I got Making Waves Jake. by kd_230692, on Flickr

I'll take more pictures tomorrow when I'm less grumpy and worn out.

Also, I dehaired my jake for the lulz and put a liv wig on him:

Jake has molded hair and wears wigs. by kd_230692, on Flickr
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 am

Wow, he looks better bald.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am

I finally got a Jake and a fashionista Ken. So now I can put Ken's head on Jakes body.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale