Go to footer

Sheer damned manliness

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Sheer damned manliness

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:38 am

Mlatch221 wrote:Ooooo... which military guy do you have on order? The lone cliched military guy is always great for comic relief and he just might find romance among all those girly dolls. Uh, I mean, supposing he's in to that kind of thing... you know, "don't ask, don't tell"! :lol:

Medicom's Reissue Naked Snake Tiger Stripe edition. I'm sorta of a fan of Metal Gear Solid 3 with its weird cardboard box humor and all. I'm letting Catgirl Volbitsu and Amazonian PBitsu hybrid figure out what they want to do with him since Snake does bare a passing resemblance to their SOs (except those two guys are blond). So who knows *shrugs*.
The others just want to poke fun of him in the name of good clean fun.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby maywong » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:10 am

Does anybody know if GI Joe's heads are hollow? I was think getting one and of re rooting it.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 pm

maywong wrote:But if they are in the private sector why do they still have their uniforms?

I was gonna say something similar... but it was a little naughty-er... :P
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Geektopian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Dark Angel wrote:
maywong wrote:But if they are in the private sector why do they still have their uniforms?

Something along the lines of "working" birthday and bachelorette parties? :lol:

@Iwa Hoshi: That Medicom Snake is a cool looking figure. I wish I trusted their quality control more because their stuff looks so good. :cry:

@Maywong: Yes, GI Joe heads are hollow but they aren't especially soft. I've noticed that mine have gotten somewhat less "squishy" over time and even head swaps have become more difficult. I have to soften the heads with a hair dryer on high heat to remove or replace them and I've still managed to break a couple of neck posts in the past year.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Mlatch221 wrote:@Iwa Hoshi: That Medicom Snake is a cool looking figure. I wish I trusted their quality control more because their stuff looks so good. :cry:

Yeah I'm new to this Medicom thing too, but since I know I want the guy bad enough I can't complain. Someone on OSW did a comparison between the old body and the new one (Cold War). I just hope that when Tiger stripe comes out both head and body will be the same tone.
Not that my dolls are gonna laugh at him since two highly respected dolls hadn't found a matching skin tone with their heads till now :(

Probably gonna buy a plastic Crocodile thingy to make into a cap for him (that is if plushy croc don't eat him first)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Geektopian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:46 pm

As far as the "private sector" comment, here's the twisted, convoluted explaination. I kept messing with the back story and could never really settle on what I wanted to do. Eventually, I just decided to set it aside and move on to something else.

The story ideas were:
They are mercenaries/PMCs/"security consultants".
They are actually soldiers or agents of a fictional country posing as mercenaries to avoid international legal issues.
They are soldiers belonging to some form of elite unit from a fictional country.
They are an organized and well equipped para-military group in a post-apocalypse or post-social collapse world.
Probably a few other ideas I'm forgetting right now.

Keeping in mind too that I have at least two fictional country scenarios and backgrounds that they could be plugged in to. The post-apoc/post collapse version is more fictional but still grounded in real world technology and social/economic/ political structures. The other is set in a slightly alternate version our real world but deals with two neighboring fictional nations that are in a constant state of mutual antagonism. The second scenario was inspired by some folks I know who play a game called AK47 Republic and have created a rich and humorous background for their fictional nations. The down side is a lot of real world references and points of view, which could potentially be difficult to present in a photo story form.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby yah » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 am

I'm very interested to their hand. Can they grip their equipment tightly?
I made some dolls with moveable hand, but that is hard to adjust the finger joint.
yah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Geektopian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 am

yah wrote:I'm very interested to their hand. Can they grip their equipment tightly?
I made some dolls with moveable hand, but that is hard to adjust the finger joint.

Yes, they can hold equipment, weapons and such remarkably well. However, there's not enough tension in the knuckle joint to to support the weight of the figure. Stuff like repelling and hanging from over head objects isn't really possible. Hasbro did make a version of these hands that had an added spring to allow for things like that but you lose some of the subtle posing ability with those.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Mlatch221 wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:

Something along the lines of "working" birthday and bachelorette parties? :lol:

Lol... well no... it was more along the lines of they could work my "private sector" anytime. :lol:

What is this forum rated?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 pm

The guy in the middle in the first pic, the blond, looks like the same head sculpt for the Nazi from the Indiana Jones line, by Hasbro of course. Last batch of half way decent guys they did as many of the new Joes have painted on clothes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale