Go to footer

hybrid question...?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

hybrid question...?

Postby Sock and Awe » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm kinda in love with the monster high bodies I haven't had a chance to see all the girls skintones yet. I was wondering if anyone knew if the lighter one I'm thinking Draculara might match a Basaak coin bank head?
Sock and Awe

Re: hybrid question...?

Postby DollyKim » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Draculara is light Barbie pink, the Basaak is more of a normal flesh tone. Without having one I can't say who she matches but if it's close to Blythe then it's close to an Obitsu or Volks normal flesh tone.

I don't think a Monster High body wouldn't stand up, literally, under a head that big. Their knees don't exactly lock. The bodies normally used have click knees but you can pop them on just about anything with a 1/6 scale neck.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:35 pm

The proportions might be good though :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addictedto ... otostream/
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Sock and Awe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:22 am

That's what I was afraid of her being too pink in tone hmmm... *looks at KD's link* Oh Awesome that is a monster high body! So it might be doable depending on the weight of the head. Hers is resin... Oh well won't know until I try it out. Either way I want a CCE of sorts so its worth a shot even if I end up going a different route with the body.
Sock and Awe

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:09 am

I would recommend order the head first, and check seller feedback there's been some trouble with a couple of them lately.

Once you have the head it will be easier to compare. I knew Blythe was "normal" but when she arrived she matched a lighter skin tone than I was expecting. If I didn't have the body she's on now, the same as a Teen Skipper from the 90s, I would have taken her in to a toy store and looked for anything that matched.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Sock and Awe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:47 am

Yeah that's a good idea, I researched a bit and found what seems to be the recommended seller so far and I've got my eye on one. I might go ahead and get the doll instead just so she can start with a body but I know I'll want to change it out to something better. *shrug* I'm most likely going to wait until next month so I may just stick with my original plan and color both parts purple or something and make her a fairy if the body will work. I've got my little cleo to wear a supper curly size six Leeke world wig that is pretty heavy and she still manages to stand so it may.
Sock and Awe

Postby Wardah » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Blythes actually come in a range of skin tones. Cleo actually has a better chance of matching a Blythe than Draculaura.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Sock and Awe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:37 pm

I hadn't seen any tanned ones. I am planning to use this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/BASAAK-BLYBE-CCE-4-COLOR-CHANGING-EYES-COIN-BANK-8-DOLL-/140495532891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b62fb35b
or one like it unless there are similar ones in price range that might have the skin tones I'm looking for. I can always dye/airbrush whatever I figure anyhow if I want to but I would prefer a paler doll if possible.
Sock and Awe

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale