Go to footer

Other heads on LIV bodies?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Other heads on LIV bodies?

Postby Glace Leau » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Wardah wrote:What about Bratz Boyz? Will they work on Liv bodies?

If the neck fits a Ken, then it is way too big for a Bratz boy. The Bratz boy heads I have all fit on a Volks, Obitsu or Barbie neck. It might even work on a female Liv.
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:57 pm

I've been curious of this for awhile. Has anyone experimented on putting a Monster High head on a Liv body?
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Glace Leau wrote:

If the neck fits a Ken, then it is way too big for a Bratz boy. The Bratz boy heads I have all fit on a Volks, Obitsu or Barbie neck. It might even work on a female Liv.

It says in one of the Flickr pics that it only works good with Fashionista Kens. I dunno if that makes any kind of difference since I am not an expert on Ken heads. I guess if they don't fit out of the box maybe "surgery" is an option since there isn't any kind of mechanism inside a Bratz Boyz head.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Glace Leau » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 am

Wardah wrote:
Glace Leau wrote:

It says in one of the Flickr pics that it only works good with Fashionista Kens. I dunno if that makes any kind of difference since I am not an expert on Ken heads. I guess if they don't fit out of the box maybe "surgery" is an option since there isn't any kind of mechanism inside a Bratz Boyz head.

Yeah, the Fashionista Kens have the wide pivoting neck type. It's structurally the same as almost every other female fashion doll and the Bratz boys, the only difference is the wider, shorter neck. The problem with trying to put a Bratz head on it is that the hole and... what's the word for it... indentation where the neck rests? On the Bratz head it's much smaller. Since the Bratz head is so big, you might be able to carve it out if you're feeling adventurous. There's room to chop plastic off.

The other problem is that the neck might look too short, like it does when you put that kind of head on a new Fashionista Ken body (since these heads have some neck on their headsculpt). But it might not be so bad on the Liv body.

If you do surgery I'd love to see the results. =D
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby maywong » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Here is what a Jakes body looks like, minus the head.

maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale