Go to footer

Other heads on LIV bodies?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Other heads on LIV bodies?

Postby maywong » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 pm

So does anyone have pixs. of other smaller heads that will fit LIV bodies, and match their skin tone? Thanks
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: Other heads on LIV bodies?

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:42 am

I used tape to thicken up the neck knobs for my barbie hybrids as it's a tad loose. But here are my hybrids:

Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks, I like them. Does the skintones match up with the Barbie heads? What head is the girl in the middle with the reddish brown bangs ?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't have photographic proof, but I can tell you that Takara Licca heads look really bad on them LOL
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:18 pm

maywong wrote:Thanks, I like them. Does the skintones match up with the Barbie heads? What head is the girl in the middle with the reddish brown bangs ?

I'm not really sure as all my hybrids are first wave dolls and these skin tones are a bit grey compared to corresponding Barbie skin tones. However, I think since the skin colour has been changed in the newer dolls they match up much better.

And that doll is actually a Barbie Basics Collection 001 doll number 3 with the black dress and Steffie facemold.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby delbelcoure » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby KatyaR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:02 pm

I found a Teen Skipper who matched in skintone with one of the LIV girls. It works, but the legs are shorter than Teen Skipper's.
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 am

There was a batch of Skippers at the turn of the century with freakishly long legs when they attempted to remake her then she went away. Before it was the teen body closer to Licca size, what they use for Tinkerbelle and friends now. I'd like to see pics of your hybrid, I'll have to see if the Liv can fit the Skipper clothes I have.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Sock and Awe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:57 am

!!! dose anyone know offhand which of these dolls would be a good match for a bassak head? they seem to be the same tone as a normal blythe. so around obitsu/volks normal? I kinda just want to order one instead of taking her into the store. I live wayyy out in the boonies and get to see civilazation like once a month if I'm lucky *giggle*
Sock and Awe

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 pm

The blonde girl should work out. I'm using a body that compares with a light Barbie skin color, close to the white Barbie basics and Disney Princesses of that helps.

If it were me I'd buy the head first, and when it came in take it to the store to match. Not like it's grey or some weird color so one of them is bound to match. Livs aren't going anywhere.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale