Go to footer

Suwarikko/Cute Sit

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Suwarikko/Cute Sit

Postby Biff » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:08 am

Looking for bodies that can sit in the suwarikko/suwaricco position (I find it cute). I would love to make a doll based on Hazuki from Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, but I'd like her to sit in this pose. I have seen the Neemo one but it's out of my budget range (more importantly I don't know how I could get her) so I wanted to see if I could make my own doll potentially. I would prefer her body to be short/small chested. If the liv body can do this pose even, please let me know.

I am also looking for a wig that would fit dollfie sized heads in dark/medium purple.

(This is currently one of my ideas for what to do with the No. 03 head. I'm not sure why, but I like the mold and was trying to see if I can get it to work for anything.)

Here's the head I'm thinking of using: Volks Dollfie Plus Optional Head No.03, however I'm considering the Parabox Child Head - Fleshtone. I would also like to see Apple head A or B if anyone has one.
Biff
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Suwarikko/Cute Sit

Postby Glace Leau » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:14 am

I have a Liv sitting in front of me, I just tried it, and she can't sit like that. She can kneel, but her knees don't rotate at all.

As for the wig, I think your best bet is Parabox:
http://www.parabox.jp/eng/wig-01.html

The Obitsu 25 cm body does the cute sit quite well, and they come in small-chested. My sister has one of those Dollfie Plus heads, if you want I could borrow it and see how it fits.
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Serif Balehawk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:50 am

There is a way to modify them. If you feel up to making cuts into the joint itself, that is. You have two options; make an "L" in the joint, or make a double jointed hip.

http://users.on.net/~batfrogklan/LIMBS/ ... _notes.pdf

I suggest looking at pages seven, and sixteen. They describe exactly what you're looking for. Remember! If you are going to modify your doll, WEAR PROTECTION! You don't want to breathe in ANY of the dust. Wear a respirator, and cut the notches under water. Wear the mask until you've removed your clothes and put them in the wash, if there is any dust on your clothes you don't want to kick it up. Showering after might be good too. Resin dust IS TOXIC!

I am making my own dolls, and am playing with the joints to find ways to gain mobility. It's a tough practice, but it's coming out alright. Otherwise, Volks has bodies specifically for the suwarikko pose. You might want to do some digging on their site, I've seen them before, they pretty much coined the idea.
Serif Balehawk

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 am

If you look on my site they all attempt to do that in the motion test pic where their hands are up to their face.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:24 am

You know most 1/6th Obitsus can sit like this right?
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Biff » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Glace Leau wrote:I have a Liv sitting in front of me, I just tried it, and she can't sit like that. She can kneel, but her knees don't rotate at all.

The Obitsu 25 cm body does the cute sit quite well, and they come in small-chested. My sister has one of those Dollfie Plus heads, if you want I could borrow it and see how it fits.

@Serif Balehawk: More thinking in Dollfie and 1/6 vinyls instead of resins atm. However... THANK YOU for that link. That might come in handy. I own the body that's being displayed (the Twiglimbs v1).

<3 Parabox. Perfect, thanks.

So the 25cm CAN do this? That's great! I couldn't figure out how from the body images how it could exactly so I wanted to make sure. If you can borrow + check the fit that would be awesome. :D I'm assuming you'd take off the cap, put the head on, and then replace the cap for it to hold, right? Or just shove the head on if it's vinyl. XD

@DollyKim: I'll have to take another look at this.

@Kd_Bunchanumbers: "Most" and no, I don't personally own one atm. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking. :P Other body options are always nice too though.
Biff
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby kittyasauras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:47 pm

my volks ebmini can do it too. I bet all the volks can do it.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:28 am

Biff wrote:@Kd_Bunchanumbers: "Most" and no, I don't personally own one atm. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking. :P Other body options are always nice too though.

Well, it's actually ALL Obitsus if you don't count the buff Obitsu Male with screw holes in his back.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:53 am

Biff wrote:
Glace Leau wrote:I have a Liv sitting in front of me, I just tried it, and she can't sit like that. She can kneel, but her knees don't rotate at all.

@Serif Balehawk: More thinking in Dollfie and 1/6 vinyls instead of resins atm. However... THANK YOU for that link. That might come in handy. I own the body that's being displayed (the Twiglimbs v1).

<3 Parabox. Perfect, thanks.

So the 25cm CAN do this? That's great! I couldn't figure out how from the body images how it could exactly so I wanted to make sure. If you can borrow + check the fit that would be awesome. :D I'm assuming you'd take off the cap, put the head on, and then replace the cap for it to hold, right? Or just shove the head on if it's vinyl. XD

@DollyKim: I'll have to take another look at this.

@Kd_Bunchanumbers: "Most" and no, I don't personally own one atm. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking. :P Other body options are always nice too though.

I have to agree about the 25cm dolls. Plus if you want to create Hazuki some of the heads for that size come with holes for neko-mimi's and you can buy ears to paint. (The one's from Obitsu.)
All Obitsu dolls work great. (Well I'm not sure about the MSD or the SD size. I heard those are super fragile.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:27 am

For whatever reason you should end up hybriding a Neemobitsu, you could use the neemo flection body if you don't like seeing joint works. The flection just allows you to bend arms and knees a little. I'm not sure if you can swap parts with the old body (other than hands)

But if you're getting an Obitsu

Kula the blue hair one (Gretel + 25cm) and Helen (V1.35) the Parabox Neko head + 23cm temp body
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale