Go to footer

Obitsu Unboxing!

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Obitsu Unboxing!

Postby Eseme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 pm

My prize arrived today!

I have been wanting to get an Obitsu since about a year ago. And then my car got possessed by gremlins, and was in the shop at least once a month for six or seven months of 2010. So no order (when ordering online I tend to gets lots of stuff at once to save on shipping).

Which was why I was so excited by Resu's contest, and the chance at winning an Obitsu.

She's here!

As always, clicking through will get you larger pics.

The other dolls were curious. Eliza and the doll who needs a better name than Deb decided to check it out.

Thank you Resu! I have a plan for her hair… :mrgreen:
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Obitsu Unboxing!

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:36 pm

She looks awesome Esme! Congrats on getting your first Obitsu!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Thank you! I am so thrilled, let me tell you!
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Resu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Yay! I'm glad she arrived safely! I can't wait to she what you'll do with her. =D
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Eseme wrote:Thank you! I am so thrilled, let me tell you!

Your welcome. Getting a new doll is alwasys so much fun.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby Eseme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you Resu! Her faceup is just amazing. I'm planning to take a bit of time this weekend and look through the size 4 wigs on Facets by Marcia, and am also debating the Heather wig here http://www.dollyhair.com/wigs.htm which is in that pretty hibiscus color which I think would be amazing. Also, she (like the doll that needs a better name than Deb) wants evening gowns. Or something far more upscale than the LIV clothes I have. I have no idea where to shop for clothes like that, and I know the Barbie patterns I have are far too big.

Alopecia No Hime, you are so right. This is just extra exciting because I put a lot of time and effort into the contest, and she's just such a stunningly beautiful doll.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Congratulations once again. I hope you have a lot of fun with her. I like the hibiscus wig it's beautiful and it'll set off her eyes so nicely.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby maywong » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Congrats on getting her.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby JanetT » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Take your Barbie patterns to a photocopier that allows you to change sizes, and shoot the pieces down to about 88-89% of original size. That should bring them down to about the right size for an Obitsu girl. Some of the "Fashion Fever" line of Barbie clothes also fit reasonably well (it's a hit-or-miss with Mattel fashions, as Barbie has changed over the years) - if you can find Barbie fashions from a time when Barbie was relatively slim and not too large-busted, many of them will work. Even some (but only some) of the shoes. She can also wear a lot of the My Scene and Barbie boots if you take her feet off (don't lose them!) and slip her legs into the shoes/boots. (that way her feet don't get stuck in the boots, too.....)

She looks great, can't wait to see her all dressed up!
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Some Barbie clothes do fit but like JanetT said it is a hit or miss. You might want to keep your patterns as is because with Obitsu dolls it's a hit or miss when making clothes. Especially dresses. If you want to you can re-size them but I recommend keeping at least a few patterns as is.

And actually with the shoes if you turn her feet pointing down you can actually get the feet in pretty well. At least with sneakers. (In the New Years thread there's a pic of Haruka wearing her pair...Although we can't find them at the moment.) You can also get some cute ones on Mimiwoo.com (With free shipping.) And Junkyspot. Some of the junkyspot shoes even come with magnets.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale