Go to footer

Wanted: List of 1/6th dolls

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Wanted: List of 1/6th dolls

Postby skookum hime » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Looking for a list of poseable 1/6th dolls like obitsu. I know very few, so help me fill in the list :D and if you know a great website for getting info/buying, please post that too! I'll update the list as I get more dolls :D

Female:
Obitsu
CyGirl
Volks
Pure Neemo

Male:
Obitsu
Volks
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Re: Wanted: List of 1/6th dolls

Postby Glace Leau » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Start (and you can almost stop!) here:

http://dolfielittles.com/encyclopedia.html
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Junkyspot is the place to go for Obitsu dolls. Outfits however and the 1/6 Dollfies and pure neemo you want to go to Mimiwoo.com. They have free shipping and lots of cute things to customize your dolls with including a nice selection of wigs.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:46 am

In a way I'd love to list stores but in another way it's a can of worms I'd rather not get in to :/ The only way I would is if the companies themselves paid for ad space that went to their official sites or the official dealer like Junky Spot.

For guys there's MonkeyDepot.com, War-Toys.com, OldJoeInfirmary.com, and BigBadToystore.com I've shopped happily at all four and highly recommend OJI brand jeans.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby skookum hime » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:54 pm

maybe I am wording something wrong :C

I am looking for the models of 1/6th dolls. I am working on a project and I want to look at several brands to see who will fit what I want but I only know a few companies/models. I only asked for shops if it was the best place to find info on them :C

I don't clothes or accessories, just the dolls themselves. I know where to find the ones I listed. I just want to know of more companies. So i can research them, and I am sure other 1/6th newbies would love that info too
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby maywong » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Are you referring to 1/6 dolly brands like LIV, Barbie, FR, Dragon, Lady's Mission, Girl Mission, Hot Toys, True Type, Triad, GI Joe, 21 Century, Crazy Owner, Momoko, Jenny, etc.?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:03 pm

I posted this at 13doll but I think I never brought them over to Dollieh Sanctuary. ^^;; Maybe this will help a bit for head sculpts. (I still have to add those 2 new 'Apple' heads that JS got in, to the eyehole listing, though. ^^)

You can pretty much mix and match any of the heads onto any body (some may need some work to get on certain bodies, but pretty much, it can be done.)

I find for customizing (and I do hundreds), the best male bodies to customize are Volks (looking-wise), then Obitsu (for sturdiness and poseability). NDR used to have a male body that was just okay (even more blocky than the Obitsu Slim Male) but they've discontinued it, as well as most of their 1/6 line anyway. The Medicom and Triad bodies are nice looking (though very muscular, but aren't that poseable and often break on first contact! ^^;;)

The best female bodies are Obitsu (looking and poseability and sturdiness), then Volks, then Azone, then NDR, then Triad (Definitely not for poseability but for a muscle-toned female, they're it.). However, there is an addendum for this--the Volks 25cm Midi Bodies are my favorite female body ever, as it's taller than the Obitsu 25cm and so can seem like a 16-19 yr old female as well as having more womanly proportions. Most of my dolls have a male counterpart and I like them to be in scale to each other.

The Volks Midi is a beautiful body and I use it A LOT because when the males are 27-28cm (and all are), I want their girlfriends to be in proportion and shorter than they are, but still seem the right age, size-wise. The Midi is perfect for that. The Obitsu 25cm unfortunately is shorter (though both are listed as 25cm) and seems about 13-15 yrs in sizing.
All my sets now, apart from my YuGiOh set, Gundam Wing set and my X-Men set, have the gals all Midis, so as to be the correct size next to their male counterpart. I realized this necessity when my Sailor Moon dolls were all as tall as Tuxedo Mask! It was so wrong!
Then when Volks came out with the Midi body, it worked like a charm! Now, they are the correct size next to him and still the right age look.

So since then, I've steadily gotten all Midi replacements for all my girls (Sailor Moon set, Corda Set, Haruka sets). I left the YGO set as is for now with 27cm girls since some are supposed to be tall. I may replace the ones supposed to be 'short' girls eventually but for now.....I left them alone. (Plus two of them, Serenity & Rebecca, are already on Midis so....it's not so pressing.) And Gundam Wing as well since I piecemealed that set---the bodies are all Tomy, BanDai, Sega, etc. So it's tough to replace them since the outfits won't fit properly on the Midis....^^;;.
For X-Men, most of the women actually ARE almost as tall as their guys, so the regular 27cm bodies work for their dolls. ^^

The male bodies---Volks has 5 types (Neo Guy, Neo Goh Guy, EB N, EB C, and EB Mini F) and Obitsu has 4 types (Regular Male, Slim Male, 23cm boy, 21cm boy). I MUCH prefer the Volks guys to the Obitsu. The Obitsu IS sturdier but the Volks are so much prettier and look so much nicer in clothing. (Their waists are extra skinny so when you put clothes on them, they're still slender. The Obitsu, once you put the clothing on, start looking bulky.) However, if your wanting a full figured guy, the Obitsu might be for you! (Keep in mind the Obitsu male feet are HUGE!) The nicest male body is the Volks Neo Goh Guy (has muscletone but still really tall and slender), then the EBN, which is good for anime character guys who are extra svelte and skinny. The EBC are just like the EBN BUT a tad shorter and less chest. So I usually make the EBC for the teen boys. The Neo Guy is like the Obitsu Regular Male---both really muscle men but the Neo guy is, again, better than the Obitsu Regular Male in terms of realistic looking and prettiness of sculpt.

For female bodies, as listed above, the 27cm Obitsu are the nicest in every way. The Volks are not that nice except for their 'Beauty' line, but even so, I prefer the Obitsu lines. The only Volks I like as well as the Obitsu is the Midi (for reasons listed above and also they are really lovely bodies.) It's so strange that in the 1/6 scale, Volks excels in male bodies and Obitsu in female! But it's absolutely true!

For child bodies, the Obitsu wins again---they have 21cm, 23cm and 25 cm, so you can go from little kids to teens. The Volks are only 23cm and are very, very poorly made. They have this weird spring in their torso that makes them all look 'hunchbacked'. (Why on earth is there a spring in their torsos?!) It's juts beyond me why they did that and it doesn't work, so.....
However, they were the only 'kids' bodies out several years ago and that's why I have some in my sets and haven't replaced them yet since I don't play with them, and just display my dolls. But since Obitsu came out with similiar sized bodies, I always go with them for the 'kids' for myself and for commission work. They're just 1000x nicer!

Hope that helps a bit!
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby skookum hime » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Maywong:
Hrm, see that's what I was looking for cause I am such a newb I thought most the dolls that were muscular males were Triad, but when I looked around, I was a little confused @.@
So these (FR, Dragon, Lady's Mission, Girl Mission, Hot Toys, True Type, Triad, GI Joe, 21 Century, Crazy Owner) are all dolls I am gonna look up. Is FR fashion royalty?

SetsunaKou:
Well that slims most my research down. I was wanting the list so I could figure most of that out. See my boyfriend and I are going to make angels like from Angelic Layer so that helps a bunch. But he wants a Heavy Built male so I was looking for some info on that. And I was looking for what female bodies would be super poseable so to seem more true to the anime counterparts
skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 am

Heavy built and posable, I'd say 21st Century. He poses like Spider-Man and if you hunt around you'll find the bodies really cheap because no one wants them. They can be fit with Dragon posable finger hands but you'll have to put a bit of tape on the wrist post to thicken it up, 21s have a bulge on theirs. I haven't broke anything on my Justin but his legs did stain a bit from black "suede" Dragon pants.

Hot Toys True Types and Sideshow males are big too. The Art S Buck artist dolls are Sideshow figures in grey, peach, and brown skin tones.

The only brands I'd say be cautious about are Medicom, sometimes sold as Sideshow Medicom so look carefully true Sideshow is a sturdy figure, and Gameitoy. I had an unfixable failure with my Medicom and both Gameitoys broke their wrists and one fell apart at the seams. That was fixed with Dragon replacement hands and Apoxie Sculpt.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 am

Yes FR is fashion royalty. There is a whole list of dolls makers out there. If you go on a dealer's site like War Toys, Good stuff to Go, etc. They have lists of different brands that they carry. Here's some links to stores.
http://www.war-toys.com/
http://www.monkeydepot.com/
http://www.goodstufftogo.net/
http://www.angelicdreamz.com/JAMIEshow- ... _8042.html
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale