Go to footer

what are these?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

what are these?

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:45 am

Thanks for you guys help! These two have been positively ID'd. Now...if only we could find original stock or any other images to the applause ariel....

I don't know anything about barbies. Like at all, besides that they changed their bodies in like 2000 or so.
They look funny. Really, that was the only reason I bought them. We went down to the goodwill and amongst all the little save me no hair barbies were these odd looking chicks:

Found! Applause Ariel. If anyone knows what she looks like new or original outfit, please link!
This one has a soft body with hard plastic arms and legs. Her pink/red shoes are sculpted on and are rather small.
She has a pink ribbon in her hair, but I don't know if that's original. Her head is marked"(c) The Walt Disney Company Applause (r) Made in China"

Found! Barbie and the Rockers Diva
She has a really strange triangle face, that makes it look worse with the pink eyeshadow. Her arms click and move back and forth when her torso is moved. Hubby has dubbed her "with karate action barbie!".
She has a green ring and she also has horribly linty sticky legs. D8
Her head is marked "1985 mattel.inc"
Last edited by kittyasauras on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Re: what are these?

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 am

Major envy for the second doll. She's a 1980's Rockers Diva doll.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 am

Could the first one be a Little Mermaid doll?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:42 am

sorry! Didn't mean to bring on the envy. D:

That is what me and my mom thought also. But her hair is like realistic red, sort of pink. Her face looks odd also, not like the others I've seen. But there is a huge difference in the tyco and the mattel of her.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:59 am

ohhh, just found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/battycollector/4540505778/

It's the same exact head. I used to have a soft body barbie that was a 'sleep' one. Maye this ariel is similar and her outfit was the pj's she wore in the movie?
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:03 am

Maybe the first doll is 'Jane' from Tarzan?

I think she had auburn hair and a similar face to that?
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Maybe the first doll is 'Jane' from Tarzan?

I think she had auburn hair and a similar face to that?

That's exactly what I was thinking - that it looks like Jane from Tarzan! Especially with that rather busty figure (for a disney girl)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 am

The First one is an older Ariel Doll. :) I found the picture that you found, and if you look in one of the comments it mentions a pink dress version, and that would match the ribbon and shoes. I'll see if I can't dig up a picture somewhere.

I had the soft body sleeping barbie too(Slumber Party Barbie she was called, mine was blonde). Mine had glow in the dark stickers, and I think her hair tie glowed in the dark too and you could close her eyes with water, I had to toss her when I was around 11, she was battered and tattered beyond belief.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:31 pm

That'd be so awesome if you found a picture. I've been looking everywhere. No luck. : (
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:30 am

I was thinking a soft-version body of the Little Mermaid, too. Soon as I saw her face I thought "That's Ariel!" Maybe a version for a younger child to cuddle? I do remember seeing Barbies like that, too.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale