Go to footer

My Ginger Steffies.

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

My Ginger Steffies.

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:25 am

Okays, a BIG THANK YOU to Giulia from Flickr for these heads since they were practically the only reason why I kept waking up and rush to the door saying "WHERE'S MY DOLL HEADS POSTMAN?" then slunk away, cursing the postman for my lack of Steffie heads.

But AHA, I finally beat the Postal service and got my doll heads. Ha ha ha.

Anywho, some notes on my initial reaction to the Kelley heads. Okay, I love red hair, I love green eyes, I love Steffies. So naturally I'd love Kelley, right? NO.
I abhor rooted eyelashes. They always look like they're physically painful on the doll and she can't even lift her eyelids. Then I start crying for the doll.
Also, green eyes with green eyeshadow is just a weird combination. It's like her eyes leaked onto her skin D: Personally if they went with brown or even... blue eyeshadow I wouldn't be so annoyed.

Also, those lips. Just... no. It doesn't suit her skin or mouth shape :( So yeah.

Of course the silly hair must go so yeah....

But YAEY STEFFIE HEADS.

The Kelley Heads Arrived! by kd_230692, on Flickr

Before and After Kelley. by kd_230692, on Flickr
Okay, it took me forever to find a hairstyle that doesn't require a part because I'm lazy and I don't have a suitable hair donor lol.

I also removed her lips intending to repaint them but I really like her lips nude.

As for the other Kelley head I decided to paint her head like a vintage Licca because I traded my other Steffie away :)

And also, this Kelley got a Liv dress, a ballerina body, clone Momoko shoes and attitude.

Lols there doesn't seem to be ANY difference at all, right?

So yeah, I think I'm pretty happy with my Steffie collection... I still want that Barbie basics though lol.

And my current repaint collection. It's strangeb but I don't like my repaints vs factory faces for some odd reason :(
And all my side glances up to something....
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: My Ginger Steffies.

Postby delbelcoure » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:39 am

You've been really busy! I love the shot of the 2 Kelly's together.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Re: My Ginger Steffies.

Postby Sock and Awe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:06 pm

They turned out amazing! also I'm still head over heels for your little three eyes <3 and your cutie in the blue beanie brings back so many memories, my father used to bring home those dolls for me on his trips to Germany.
Sock and Awe

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale