Go to footer

Fashionista Ken, My Scene and stuff. Lol.

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Fashionista Ken, My Scene and stuff. Lol.

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:17 am

Oh look, my Steffie has someone new...

Well, I really wanted my Licca repaint to have a custom made man so I googled vintage Licca Boyfriend and came across the more doe eyed, feminine eyed guy I ever seen... except in Manga/Yaoi :P

I decided to use my fashionista Ken since I was kinda iffy on how I painted him and his eye wells aren't definied. Took me a couple retries to find a balance with making the eyes still Wataru0ish but not so darn girly and over the top.

Success?

Lols yeah, the irony of using American dolls for Japanese paint...

But don't they look sweet together?

Well, turns out my last couple of repaints have been inspired by Japanese factory paints. I blame Giulia for her Western based Japanese customs... Haha.

Now, to find a doll to paint that weird Sekiguchi Monkey eyes onto...

And just today I got a package from a friend full of fun stuff...

So yeah. *squees* I'm so happy with mini Wataru AND the aviator's hat/goggles. I shoved it onto Marcel cuz he's the only bald one that I like xD

The My Scene head hair is just... horror. But WHEE. I love a challenge rofl.

I'm sure everything will pop up again...

Licca thingies. Yaeys something smaller than her!

Crack Whore MyScene. Lols, Mattel, you make me laugh. Sloppy off kilter eyes, crazy lips and messy hair...

Seriously Mattel. Diya just steal these eyes from a comic book?

I must admit, I am proud Mattel used a different sculpt with an open mouth rather than just paint in teeth for the My Scene head.

And so I repainted her with Licca eyes. Thoughts?

Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Fashionista Ken, My Scene and stuff. Lol.

Postby Geektopian » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Holeeee Keeeerap! Was Mattel trying to give kids nightmares with that face or was this the "Drugs Are Bad" Barbie? :o Anyway, she's much improved with the re-paint and no longer looks like a girl who'd be hanging out with Charlie Sheen.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Re: Fashionista Ken, My Scene and stuff. Lol.

Postby hanabushi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Mlatch221 wrote:Holeeee Keeeerap! Was Mattel trying to give kids nightmares with that face or was this the "Drugs Are Bad" Barbie? :o Anyway, she's much improved with the re-paint and no longer looks like a girl who'd be hanging out with Charlie Sheen.

I second this. Vast improvement over the absolutely terrifying factory paint, especially on the Bratz and Ken (why do they always put this "I am a d'bag" on all the Kens???)
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale