Go to footer

25-27cm childlike body?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

25-27cm childlike body?

Postby Wardah » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 am

I am wondering if there is an inexpensive body about the size of a fashion doll but with proportions that would make it look more to scale with a 1/4 or 1/4 doll. Does anyone know of any?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Re: 25-27cm childlike body?

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:51 am

Wardah wrote:I am wondering if there is an inexpensive body about the size of a fashion doll but with proportions that would make it look more to scale with a 1/4 or 1/4 doll. Does anyone know of any?

Off the top of my head I can only think of the Bobobie 1/6 scale girls like Isabella, but I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing you are looking for. It's definitely a child body to a 1/4 scale doll, but without that chubbie baby-ness you get with most of that size-range resin.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Wardah » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 pm

That is the right height but not quite the right "thickness". While I don't want it to be "toddlerlike", it does need to be a bit younger looking than that. The character I have in mind is too young to have a body like that. If it was a past playline doll it would be even better but I am not holding my breath for such a thing to exist.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AmberRose » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 pm

she looks like a kid next to msd'd i have seen picks of her standing next to them she looks like a short young sibling to a goodreau or a deliah noir near them

not the pic i was looking for but here is an idea
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby skookum hime » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:54 pm

island dolls 1/6th are not extremely toddler like, more like kindergartner like next to MSD

skookum hime
Dolly Pardon

Postby Wardah » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Those are cute and pretty close I think. Do you think they would be the right size to fit in these outfits?
http://wiki.rainbowbrite.co.uk/index.ph ... lcat02.jpg
Of course it might take a while to get one if it would fit but at least it would be a possibility.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 am

Chances are the Rainbow Bright outfits are sewn on to the dolls and they're impossibly small and fit in the palm of your hand, the heads may be tennis ball or soft ball size. Most child models are like my sister and I were, very small for our age.

I would find the doll you like first then design outfits to fit. There's enough Rainbow Brite cosplay out there to get supplies like the stripy sox.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby KatyaR » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:52 pm

There was an oddly sized Stacie a few years ago. Wee Three Friends Most of them had very basic articulation, but one or two styles (Star Team?) had jointing at the elbows or knees.
Might be someplace to start.
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Wardah » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:03 pm

I actually have one of the Rainbow Brite dolls of that size in my possession. Her clothes do come off and she is around the same height as one of my custombait Bratz (in sneakers not heels) despite having totally different proportions. If it helps her neck seems to connect to the body at the same height as my Bratz's armpits. I'd prefer to use the original outfit since it is hard to find homemade outfits that have the same kind of iridescent shine the originals had.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale