Go to footer

Ryotsu Kankichi SWAT officer

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Ryotsu Kankichi SWAT officer

Postby Geektopian » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Here are a couple of quick photos I took of Bandai's Ryotsu Kankichi. This is version 3 of (IIRC) 6 and is supposed to be a SWAT officer (I don't think he ever actually joined a SWAT team in the manga).

Anyway, I remember seeing these when they came out back in the late '90s but they were often difficult to find and expensive. I hadn't even thought about them in a few years but inspired by some Christmas money I had stashed away and full dose of Benadryl, I decided to search eBay and found this one for a very reasonable BIN price.

I still wouldn't mind getting the Winter Police Uniform version and the fighter pilot but the SWAT officer was my first choice and I'm very happy to have him.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Re: Ryotsu Kankichi SWAT officer

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:06 pm

LOL!! He took me by COMPLETE surprise. Your guys are usually very realistic looking. But this guy.... LOL he's great
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Geektopian » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Dark Angel wrote:LOL!! He took me by COMPLETE surprise. Your guys are usually very realistic looking. But this guy.... LOL he's great

That's what I've always liked about these guys. Bandai really stayed true to the character as he appears in the manga. LINK
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I lol at his expression and brows :lol: How tall is he next to your Obitsu crew?
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby landwhale » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah I would love to see him next to some 27cm girls. It would be funny if he were shorter. I am not familiar with the character though so he might be really tall for all I know.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Geektopian » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I lol at his expression and brows :lol: How tall is he next to your Obitsu crew?

landwhale wrote:Yeah I would love to see him next to some 27cm girls. It would be funny if he were shorter. I am not familiar with the character though so he might be really tall for all I know.

I can't find my rulers and my measuring tape is out in the car but I estimate that he's around 24- 25 cm, based on standing him next to an Obitsu 25 cm. Ryo-san is usually depicted as being shorter than his two main (male and female) colleagues and around the same height or slightly shorter than his station commander. Most women in the various manga and anime incarnations of the series are depicted as taller than him, so it seems he's meant to be a fairly short guy.

I wanted to get some more shots of him but I ended being gone most of the day today and it looks like tomorrow is shaping up to be much the same. Maybe if I can get started early enough.... :?

EDIT: I should mention that Ryo-san's in for a "spa treatment" to deal with some stains he'd acquired on his face and neck from wearing his black balaclava. He got a bath and is current undergoing a fading treatment with zit cream, so it'll probably be a while before I take any more photos of him.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale