Go to footer

Triad Toys Evalution

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Triad Toys Evalution

Postby JanetT » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 am

I got one of the other triad girls (the red-haired girl, who just comes wearing a bikini). Not happy with quality -- her leg comes off at the hip with almost any attempt to pose her at all, which is annoying. I've been looking at the Hot Toys girls (I have one Hot Toys guy and he is amazing to pose.) But they're pricier.

Sometimes you just need a action girl who looks like a real action girl!
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:54 am

JanetT wrote: I've been looking at the Hot Toys girls (I have one Hot Toys guy and he is amazing to pose.) But they're pricier.

Just so you know, if you're thinking of hybriding her with an Obitsu or Volks male head that she's much more tan they are
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby landwhale » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah I've been searching ebay for some Hot Toys figures for the last two hours....and reading reviews. It seems the Hot Toys are indeed a higher quality than the Triad Alpha bodies but no word yet on the Eva body. The price is a bit off-putting for me but I really want a buff girl. The best price I can find so far is about $55 with shipping included...i think I'll sleep on it before I think more about it. It's giving me a headache.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby maywong » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Try this link for some ideas.

http://www.stinkersstuff.com/10.html
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby landwhale » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:50 pm

hahhaha thanks may! I actually caved and went for the hot toys caucasian female because the Eva/Evo reviews were saying the arms and joints fall out and that there is a cheap look and feel to the figure overall. The loose joint already happens a lot with my volks dollfie and she isn't even played with that much. I figure the higher price is worth it for a higher quality figure. So in the end I like Obitsu bodies for the slim girls and it seems that Hot Toys has the best bodies for action type figures.

I think I really have to quite getting anymore bodies for now till I have some more cash coming in. I am watching evilbay for some Hot Toys guys though since those go for quite a bit cheaper than their female counterparts.

Edit: Yeap, that is an amazing link May! It is confirmed, Hot Toys for the win. Looking forward to her arriving and I'm hoping soooo hoping to be able to win a Hot Toys Male body off evilbay for cheap.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale