Go to footer

Triad Toys Evalution

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Triad Toys Evalution

Postby landwhale » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:47 am

I've been interested in this body for a bit. I was wondering if anyone here knows much about this company and perhaps if Obitsu heads fit on them.

http://www.triadtoys.com/product_info.php?cPath=411_421&products_id=2016

I kind of like the head on it but i would repaint it if it came painted. The extra chestplates sound like fun too.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Triad Toys Evalution

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 am

I don't know about the Evalution but if its anything like the Cygirl/soldier story body, they should fit Obitsu heads.

But
Female Obitsu heads will look a bit small maybe except for the W03. A long time ago, my blond hair one is a Obitsu W02 on a cygirl type body. Silver hair one is an Obitsu SM2

Male Obitsu heads will fit and look like slightly softer version of Cygirl heads.

The Volks Neo Goh3 head

I haven't plonk an eyehole head on the big gal so I can't say
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Geektopian » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am

I know that there's been a fair amount of grumbling over at One Sixth Warriors about the whole line (Otaku, Alpha, Evalution). It an attractive sculpt but the numerous stories of breakage and quality control problems throughout the line have caused me to steer away from them.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby landwhale » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks guys, I was looking into getting one for a F03 or W03 head from Obitsu but hearing about the quality is making me rethink my idea...

Also funny how the male heads are feminine enough to pass as a female head on some of the sculpt...Actually I think those male heads look pretty darned good on those bodies of yours Iwa...and great costumes. The white and gold gown looks particularly interesting though it's blurry.....looks for some brown paper bags to do some patterning.
landwhale

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:21 pm

thanks, yeah the male heads are funny that way. I always end up with androgynous while some of the other folks here could paint them much more feminine. And the cygirl face tend to look rougher and edgier until someone repaints them to be softer.

White and gold gown is a dollar store dress :lol: its a bit tight in the waist

Oh yeah.
Helga promotional pic reminds me of my silver hair M02. although the actual doll that came out looks a bit off.
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby landwhale » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:43 pm

omg the bubbies nearly poked my eyes out!

I don't love the faces on Triad they look too masculine for the women but I love the costumes.....But at 12" the clothes won't fit obitsu bodies and i need a muscular female body for one of my soon to be painted heads.

I do rather like the look of helga's face though. Those are some nice cheekbones...something I am missing from the F01 and F02 sculpts though the F03 sculpt looks good. I've seen the F03 painted waaaay to masculine though. We'll see how mine comes out.

For $1 thats a good deal. Looks good to me . With your sewing skills I'm sure you could adjust that.
landwhale

Postby EAB » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I like Helga's face.
Her chest, though...You notice she has to keep her arms back so she won't fall forward. Could make things difficult in a fight.
EAB

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Found a Helga review. I wouldn't mind mugging her body for my silver hair blade mistress though
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby landwhale » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:04 pm

ahhahah i kind of want a larger breasted doll at some point just for kicks. In general I do prefer the more realistic shapes. However I do have to say that even in my more well endowed ladies, I prefer a little more realism in the shape of their assets. For Helga, I have to say, they are very plastic ahahahahahah. (I have just recently ordered a large busted 27cm obitsu body which in my opinion has a *fairly* realistic approximation of larger assets)

EDIT: I don't think action figures/sci-fi crowd was ever that realistic in how they portrayed their women. The "armor" for their warrior women barely ever function as underwear let alone protective wear. I'm sure that if this fine lady existed in reality, she would be so tired of lugging around those jugs that she would just put down her sword in the middle of a fight to massage her shoulders.

EDIT 2: Man now I am thinking of getting that body again. I just need a more muscular form sometimes and Obitsus don't offer that. Personally I also think the Obitsu heads work fine on the body. She just looks like a taaaaall woman which works since this body is a bit taller than an Obitsu.
landwhale

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 pm

its a pity Obitsu don't do Amazonian women. 3 of my gals would love the Obitsu quality.

Given a chance I like my two Amazons to remain with the Perfect Body/Cygirl series otherwise a TTL body is better than nothing
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale