Go to footer

Hilda becomes a Fashionista, Swapping Styles & Mod hair Ken?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Hilda becomes a Fashionista, Swapping Styles & Mod hair Ken?

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:22 am

Soooooooooo like, Uni has been really draining on me but I managed to splurge today...

I've been seeing a very real lack of dolls lately at the fleamarket so I've had a bit of a dry spell.

But hey, in a pile of superstar Barbies I found an armless chewed legged Ken with crazy hair. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with him. I think he looks slightly crazy though lol.

Identifications? I assume he's a mod hair Ken... Shame he has no fake moustache to be the bad guy xD

Well, this was the slated 'pale' fashionista but Mattel went and screwed us over :C

I haven't seen any pictures of her so this collage is my contribution. She's pretty, got blue eyeshadow and the most fun yet not ridiculously horribad outfit so I grabbed her anyway.

She's my first Swapping Style Fashionista and to be honest, I hate it. The hips are jointed like the rubber legged dolls, the knees are TOO stiff (I prefer the loose ones that I can tighten up to my tastes) and the chest/neck bit does not sit flush against the body. Actually it freaking wobbles so grr.

Ah well. Still better than the gymnast body.

Well as I was rearranging my vintage shelf I noticed how... neglected Hilda was because I seriously didn't like her body, heh. And you know, I cut into her head cuz the split that was forming was spreading more and I figure at least I can enjoy Hilda more now. So ha, I effed up an old wrecked vintage doll even more.

She has the old style fashionista with the newest Cutie dress... (Isn't it so delightfully psychedelic?)

I must admit, I fell for her shoes and thought it was the best part of the outfit...

Well, I managed to make it less like a felted material to a more slightly manageable frizzy haired guy that is a more reasonable hair style.

His head is completely hard plastic so rerooting him would be very difficult to accomplish. Ah well, I'm okay with his hair now compared to what he had.

Also I touched up his eyebrows.

He needs hipster glasses.

His head is pitifully small :C

Well, at the same time I was getting the Fashionista Cutie seems my Target put out the new basics so I was crazily excited. Well, there was this one and Louboutin one... I grabbed the redhead bwahahahahaahha....
But HORROR! Target didn't have her in the system but I was NOT letting this girl out of my grips so I spent half an hour waiting as they tried to find her price...
Eventually they gave up and I got her for $12.80! 8D
She's currently on an Old Style Fashionista. What ranks about her stock clothes is that they don't fit this body or that the jeans fit ANYONE. Grrr.
Also, I love her muted face up but wondering to repaint her....

My vintage shelf. Let's play a fun game. How many vintage dolls are on their stock bodies?
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Hilda becomes a Fashionista, Swapping Styles & Mod hair

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:41 am

That Ken is on what I call the 1975 body. My first one was a Skate Date with rooted hair from the mid 90s so he might come from then.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:03 am

Well, I had a Mod Hair Ken back when they first came out...yes I do go back far enough...sigh.... To be honest though, I can't tell you if that's him or not - I'm inclined to say not just because there is something about the face that looks wrong to me, but I could be completely wrong so don't put a lot of faith in that. :?
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Mary Kathryn » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:10 pm

He kind of reminds me of the Sport N' Shave Ken I had as a kid... see here and here

But he's not as smiley as SNS Ken. Hmm.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby EAB » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:02 pm

I love Hilda. I think she looks great, and I can see why you fell for the shoes.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Actually, derp, someone on Flickr pointed out he was a Now look Ken: http://www.manbehindthedoll.com/nowlook.htm

Dolly Kim, his original body was a zombie armed ken body so I put him on the more posable body :D

And Mary K, I actually got a Shave and Style Ken... he's on a Max Steel body and he's on the very right of my shelf there xD

And Hilda is a nice halfway point between the SCARY 1959 Barbie face and her sweeter TNT face :D
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby delbelcoure » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 am

Hilda looks very pleased with her new body and clothes! I'm glad you nabbed wild hair Ken; he really needed some TLC. You could always paint a villain mustache on him. Ooo, or you could make a little stick- on one from fun fur of some such :lol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Zainin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:38 am

Zainin
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale