Go to footer

Leona Ozaki (Dominion: Tank Police)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Leona Ozaki (Dominion: Tank Police)

Postby Geektopian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 pm

When I was first getting back into anime, back in the days of old, I rented most of the videos I could find that were based on Masamune Shirow's various manga works. Dominion: Tank Police was one of the first I rented and while it's a bit goofy by today's standards, I still like it.

A few years ago, I discovered that a company called Daiwa Toy had made a series of figures of the main female characters from this story; police officer Leona Ozaki and former rivals, now fellow officers, Anapuma and Unipuma. Even more interesting, these dolls were all based on the original (hard torso) Obitsu Normal Body. A few weeks ago, I discovered that, not only were these figures still available but that HobbyLink Japan was having a 50% off sale on them. Even with the discount, I couldn't afford all three but I at least managed to buy Leona! Anyway, here are a couple photos I took of her and I *might* get around to posting more about her on my blog later on.

Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Re: Leona Ozaki (Dominion: Tank Police)

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:44 pm

BONAPART!!!!

LOL - that was one of the first animes ever translated to subtitles/english. I remember buying the VHS version of it back in the day :) Awesome score David!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby KatyaR » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Oh my, I haven't watched Dominion in years. Great Leona- congratulations on the find, David!
KatyaR
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:16 pm

SQUEEEEE!!! That is awesome!! I am jealous! I just picked up the role-playing supplement for Dominion, and I was even thinking of a doll of her! Lucky!!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Geektopian » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm

It would be kind of cool to have a 1/6 scale version of Bonaparte but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it!

Now that I have a couple versions of Motoko Kusanagi and this figure of Leona, I still need to find a version of Deunan Knute. The Hot Toys and Takara versions are both OK but WAAAAAY more than I care to pay for a 1/6 scale doll, when I can find them.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:21 pm

I have a lot of Motoko Kusanagi action figures, Ghost in the Shell was my first anime that I ever owned. Would be cool to have a Deunan figure let me know if you find any good ones.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale