Go to footer

Fashionista Clones?

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Fashionista Clones?

Postby Biff » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:31 am

Zainin wrote:I'm planning to pop into Dollar General and Ocean State Job Lot today and can report back my findings, ahah.

Find any? I didn't see any here so far. I'll keep looking though.
Biff
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby kittyasauras » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:54 am

None at Big Lots they did however have the real Fashionistas, and not the swappin' styles ones! ;D And they also had a bunch of 'club night' MyScene for $5 on clearance. LOL those are old.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby hanabushi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm

So far, in the Capitol District, Ocean State Job Lots, Big Lots, The Yankee Dollar, and The Dollar Tree have come up snake eyes, as have Marshall's and TJ Maxx. :( Of course, I will keep looking--you never know when such a thing might turn up. Especially at Christmas time--that's when I've personally seen all the good clones abounding.
hanabushi

Postby kittyasauras » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Do you have to have a business license to order from there? Why don't 12 of us just put in money to order a case if we don't?

Of course there is a chance that it's crap, especially since we can't psychically look at the doll. And paying shipping too, it'd probably be a waste of money! lol
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 pm

kittyasauras wrote:Do you have to have a business license to order from there? Why don't 12 of us just put in money to order a case if we don't?

Of course there is a chance that it's crap, especially since we can't psychically look at the doll. And paying shipping too, it'd probably be a waste of money! lol

Yeah, I was pondering doing a group order, but besides the fact that we don't know whether you need a business license to order or not, we'd have to order a LOT more than just one pack of 12. The minimum order amount is $250. :lol:
(And I just peeked at the registration page, they do require business info. :? )

Aaaand there's the issue of "what kind of quality do these things have?" I'm bettering they're definitely not hollow plastic, based on the price alone. What we're seeing on that page is the base price, the stores that would sell these would mark them up, probably to around $8-$10.
So they're not your pop-apart-hollow 99 cent dolls.
But on the other hand, the plastic could be fairly brittle, or could have an adverse chemical reaction with other plastics, or or or-!

So, I'm still all for finding one in the wild and seeing what the dealio is. :lol:
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Zainin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:20 pm

Last edited by Zainin on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zainin
i see dead dolliehs

Postby hanabushi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Zainin wrote:
Biff wrote:Find any? I didn't see any here so far. I'll keep looking though.

Nope. I did find some knockoff Bratz though.

I'd be up for a group order if we could somehow pull one together.

I was thinking this too, though I don't have a merchant's or wholesaler's number....if someone does this seriously I'll definitely be in.
hanabushi

Postby Lokiholic » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:22 am

I know it has been a while, but has anyone seen these? I keep looking, but I haven't seen them. I would love to get one (or two, or three...). Those boys are calling out to me.
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby hanabushi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:59 pm

I have not, sadly, so far. But I have not given up on them either. I still have yet to hit Christmas Tree Shop and a few others.

You know, if someone had a merchant's number, it *might* be possible for them to request a sample ahead of time (to make sure that they're not crapadoodle), in lieu of doing a larger order. Just a thought if anyone has the capacity.
hanabushi

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale