Go to footer

Monster High in-depth review! (Deuce Gorgon & Draculara)

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Monster High in-depth review! (Deuce Gorgon & Draculara)

Postby lilreeper » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:40 am

First of all, I can do the same review of every doll EXCEPT FOR Lagoona Blue and Jackson Jekyll.

For this review, I took apart both my Deuce Gorgon and Draculara dolls. None of the pieces were damaged during this review. Afterwords, I took Draculara's hair out of her pigtails and brushed it straight, which I can post pictures of. In both pictures I included a photo of the hands/arms with my pointer finger so you can see clearly how small the pegs are. They are VERY easy to break.

Deuce Gorgon:
I really like this body, the legs are very expressive. I'm a fan of the shapes used to create them. I'm also a huge fan of the eyes, but I'd have liked it if he had hair instead of scales. I <3 the snakes, so cute.
The clothes are really nice quality, but look better on Hold Hyde. I would have liked to see their default outfits switched, because Deuce looks amazing in Holt's clothes.
I also love his shoes.
His hands are sculpted very well, but there are no wrist joints, which makes me sad.

Draculara:
I'm a huge fan of this doll. I love the pink tone to her skin, and the little heart on her cheek. The makeup is well done for what it is, but I did see mine has a wonky fang.
There is a HUGE arch to the back, and there's not much in the way of bresticles. She does look good in any of the girl's outfits, and I wish I had her shoes IRL. Her hair is also really nice, fine quality that is easy to take care of.
I have to note that she DOES have cute little pointed ears! Which I pictured.

Additional pictures of hand comparisons and the group all together on top of my TV, redressed.
HOME: Dollzone Yuu-1 YS (Rave) Doll Family A Shawna (Nicole) Doll Family A event head (Paul) BBB Pandora on F-Doll body (Gabrielle) BBB Rachel (Susan) D.I.M. "secret" minimee head pending body (Maria)
lilreeper
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Monster High in-depth review! (Deuce Gorgon & Draculara)

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Oh! Thanks so much! I've been wonderinnng what the boy body looked like.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks for the great info. I was also wondering if the girls are different heights? I'm sure they are but they look different in some photos. It seems Ghoulia also has a different neck than the other girls. That little detail makes me love these dolls even more.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 am

It looks like the same body is used on all the girls and the guys, the differences being the head sculpts and Lagoona's fins. They'll generally use the same body so clothes and shoes will fit easier.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby lilreeper » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm

The bodies are all the same. The only difference is the Lagoona has holes for the fins. :) Like in the picture, they can all share clothes and shoes. The men share clothes too.
HOME: Dollzone Yuu-1 YS (Rave) Doll Family A Shawna (Nicole) Doll Family A event head (Paul) BBB Pandora on F-Doll body (Gabrielle) BBB Rachel (Susan) D.I.M. "secret" minimee head pending body (Maria)
lilreeper
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Rukitron » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm not into this like other people, but I kinda wanted Ghoulia, something about those glasses make her adorable.
Rukitron
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale