Go to footer

Fashionesta skin tone help ^,^

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Fashionesta skin tone help ^,^

Postby Jess ~Forget-me-not~ » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Hiya Guys!

Ive been uber busy with school and art and recently I started going back to the doll customizing. Anywho I need ur guys's help. I'm looking for a fashionesta that will match the same light skin tone as a Mattel tangled doll. If someone has a group picture with all the fashionestas together along with a tangled doll that would be awesome!!! Any pics and info is greatly appreciated!! Thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~Jessica
Jess ~Forget-me-not~
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Fashionesta skin tone help ^,^

Postby Glace Leau » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:27 am

Fashionistas only come in two skintones, which are standard tan Barbie and a light AA tone. I don't have a Tangled doll, but I'm pretty sure that she's lighter than all of them. =( They are supposed to be doing a few posable Barbie Basics, though, with one in a paler tone. And the prototypes look like Fashionista bodies.
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Jess ~Forget-me-not~ » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:51 am

yeah thats what I thought but someone on DA used a "glam" fashionesta for their rapunzel and the tones match. the thing I'm stumped on is that the glam doll I have is pretty tan compared to rapunzel. I just wanna make sure before I started customizing a fashionesta
Jess ~Forget-me-not~
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 am

You could possible use a Liv body. They have a little more flexibility. Here's a pic grabbed from flickr of all the girls lined up http://www.flickr.com/photos/bratzboyma ... 197941@N23
Unless you're going for the barbie look.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:26 am

Just would like to point out Hayden (strawberry blonde/green eyes) has the palest skin whilst Katie has the most 'peachiest' skintone with Sophie inbetween....

Edit: Also found this on Flickr:

tangled224 by Lisa/Alex's doll, on Flickr
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 am

Yup, I'd second with going Liv. Take the head with you in to the store for an exact match. Check Wal-Mart and Target clearance first, they're desperate to get rid of old Xmas dolls. If the front flap of the box is ripped off haggle for a damaged box discount too.

That's why I went with the Disney Store megabox to get their elbows. I went through the searching for a pale jointed body for my Clueless girls and ended up going 100 poses on them. There is a noticeable difference, not quite normal-white with the customs, but the right lighting in pictures can fool you. As for matching Obitsu the Disney girls are a bit too colorful.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:28 am

I too would say go with the LIV dolls. There is more skintone as well as better poising. Here is a Ken head on a LIV body.

maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale