Go to footer

Flick's new face, Skipper Ann and Sindy

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Flick's new face, Skipper Ann and Sindy

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 pm

I must apologise for dumping three different stuff every time I post but it always builds up and yeah.

What started out as a simple redo of her lips and eyebrows turned into everything being touched up. I wanted to return to her very first style of eyes which were almost black with only white highlights...

I then added as much shading and pastels as possible. Not sure if she looks okay or I over did it.

But yeah, my first little Obitsu head is 4 years old, haha...

So yeah, I bought the new Skipper after seeing how... derpy and icky Stacie was ;_;

It's so weird seeing intertwined Skipper's history with Barbie is yet I can not EVER remember seeing any Skippers during my childhood at all. Heck, I only vaguely knew of Stacie due to my hand me down Todd and Kelly was always around in my lifetime so... yeah, it's a bit weird being able to finally buy a Skipper new in package.

Also her body sucked so I stuck her on a Liv.

I also ripped out the pink streak in her hair. Because I can.

I'm so tempted to repaint her eyes to look like a vintage Skipper mostly because of how her faces looks like an older vintage Skipper sculpt.

Here she is with Francie. Francie stole Chelsea's (I assume Chelsea killed Kelly in a battle royale stylecompetition) cat hat...

Her cat hat.

*Pretty* cool that she still keeps the same typeface used during the 90's on her footwear nowadays...

L-R: Francie body, Skipper body, Liv, Fashionista and Gymnast body.

Urrrrrrrrrrgh this Skipper body's legs are held on with ball and socket joints like the Fashionista Kens and Swapping Styles Barbies. And they don't close if you sit her down so everyone can see her britney.

The neck is short and the arms suck so yeah.

Weird thing is, Skipper's body arm sockets are the exact same as the fashionista arm sockets.................

And just to throw in some redressed Sindy. Well, I finally redressed Sindy properly (as in, picked out stuff that suited her rather than sticking her in clothes for the sake of not being naked).

I really would like to get my hands on a wrecked Sindy torso just so I can cut the neck off and stick it on a Liv body cuz my poor Sindy really needs a better body...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Flick's new face, Skipper Ann and Sindy

Postby landwhale » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I love SIndy. Her outfit is super cute and she looks like she has a lot of spunk and attitude. Is that her original face or did you paint that?

Thanks for showing us the bodies. What is your take on Mattel vs Obitsu bodies? I remembre the Barbies from my childhood posing well but could never stand on their own which is why I like the Obitsus. I'm also a sucker for softbust dolls.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kittyasauras » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:28 am

The face you painted on your obitsu is really nice! I love the shape of the eyes. I don't think you went extreme on her blushing, it looks really good <3
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:37 am

I'd love to find replacement bods for my Skippers some day. I always keep an eye on what you do. Thanks for making me want a Sindy now :P
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 am

Love that face on your obitsu!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby hanabushi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Ever thought of Dal bodies for Skipper replacements? I don't know the exact measurements but eyeballing it they seem to be of similar size.
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Sindy looks so sweet~
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:43 am

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:And they don't close if you sit her down so everyone can see her britney.

That made me LOL. I guess she needs to remember to wear undies.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby delbelcoure » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 am

I guess Flick wanted to experiment with eyeshadow, after all - she is four :D
I like her new look - a little moody and in your face.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale