Go to footer

I has some Triads

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

I has some Triads

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 am

They'll get the full work out like all the bods on my site but here's a quick look. The pale one is an "Animae" body for the Champloo dolls, the darker one is an Omega. The Animae body is the best skinny body I've seen since a Volks N but feels more mature. He's slumping forward slightly. There is a more normal flesh tone variant possibly closer to the Omega. The Omega is "extra large" bigger than the DML and close to Sideshow and Hot Toys True Type size. He's going to be a 6'4" guy IRL.

The Animae has magnetized tabi sox. This opens up options for making him several pairs of magnet feet/shoes. You have to put the ankle in just right to keep the tabi on but when they're on he'll cling to things like an Obitsu.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: I has some Triads

Postby hanabushi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 am

How are you finding the wrist and hip joints? I've heard so many things about them being extra fragile.
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:22 pm

So far okay, the Animae feels Volks fragile, and he has some seam gaps. I'm not going to be using him as a tack hammer and I'm easing him in to his poses. A long haul review might take months or years, unless something catastrophic takes place. The only ones I've had break took several months of regular handling for problems to pop up.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby hanabushi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:22 am

DollyKim wrote:So far okay, the Animae feels Volks fragile, and he has some seam gaps. I'm not going to be using him as a tack hammer and I'm easing him in to his poses.

Hmm, "Volks Fragile" really gives an excellent idea of what one could be dealing with, thank you. And ROTFLMAO at "not using him as a tack hammer" XD Fair enough. :)
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale