Go to footer

Volks Dollfie?*censored drawing

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Volks Dollfie?*censored drawing

Postby kmadame » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 pm

landwhale wrote:The shape of Volks and OBitsus are quite similar so yes she does wear her clothes well. She can stand on her own if she is wearing hard plastic boots that help support her wobbly ankles. However, she normally only stands with the help of a doll stand or prop. For this reason I really like the Obitsus.

and yes...in the future....I will have an tan Obitsu...cackles gleefully.....I want one pretty badly...but I think I might also get a tan volks too and try to mod her so she holds poses better.

i <3 my obitsu
i think I'm gunna get her :) and see what i can do with her um may i ask how much shipping goes for from the volks site?
Dikadoll lingri AI bobobie elfkin Skylar obitsu 21 Alana obitsu 25 Kagura
kmadame
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:25 am

My EB J, EB C, and white EB N have the heads that came packaged with their bodies, for the J and C it's a "type A" shape. I can't say what the N is.

To my knowledge you can't pick what bald head comes in the package with the body. If you want a rooted head you have to buy it separately. As long as it's the same skin tone as your body you'll be fine.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby landwhale » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 am

I don't really know the price of shipping but you can always check by putting things in your basket but dont go to the last payment step. I remember it being fairly high or at least higher than buying something from Emory.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Pandor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 am

They are fragile and nasty. They can't stand on their own, the posing is VERY limited, and they don't hold poses well.
Also, beware Volks' high shipping price. If you haven't taken that into account you probably don't have enough monies to get her. I think $12 is as low as it gets. =_=
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kittyasauras » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:56 pm

yes. Volks usa shipping is terrible!

And obitsu does/did make dark toned dolls, they are just hard to find, they made Tan and Coconut. Coconut is very dark and really nice. ; )
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kmadame » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:54 pm

@ every one i just really like this body design XD i could always franken doll the body with obitsu parts I did find a brown obitsu for ridiculously cheep but it's ankle is broken so I'd have the same issue with that body as the volks XD any one who want's the link to the obitsu body pm me and i'll send it to you. i think i have enough for shipping however i'm concidering just saving all my money and buying this limited edition tiny bjd idk what to do.
kmadame

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Do you already have a scale you're comfortable with? I'm mostly 1/6 because I still had a lot of Barbie stuff when I got in to customs. I have some bigger and some smaller but that's the bulk of it.

Why do you want the tan doll? Why do you want the tiny?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kmadame » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:08 pm

@ dollykim i like 1/6 because it's portable and just so cute XD i'm hoping to get a dz hid someday but that's a while off i just can't get past the size.

i want the tan doll because it's part of the story i have for alana she's supposed to be in a girl idol band with 2 other girls a yankee style girl, and the third i haven't figured out. The tiny is an impldoll aimee and the reason is i have a love for cat girls XD her facial expression is just so cute too!
the tan doll is the only other character design i have set i know what i want her personality to be and how i want her to look but i don't need her right away she's just the only one i have planned and I'd like to make her live.
kmadame

Postby Jobee » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Both my girls are Volks Dollfies. They're not as poseable as an obitsu (particularly in the torso), but they're absolutely charming. I love mine! Their texture is smooth, but not shiny, and none of it feels rubbery. Make sure to check and see if the Volks dollfie you want is actually in stock. They don't make any more, so a lot of the stuff they have on their website under the Dollfie section actually isn't available.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kmadame » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 pm

she's there for now but shipping is a beast! it's just as much as the doll body plus the optional head i want! i'm gunna order her another time me thinks @^@ i'm star struck by that price! the head alone plus shipping is more than I paid for my Bobobie elfkin!
maybe i should just get an obitsu i really wanted a dark skinned girl but i could just blush her that way i guess.
kmadame

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale