Go to footer

Papillon (Custom House Uri) x-posted

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: Papillon (Custom House Uri) x-posted

Postby EAB » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm

I have a Uriel and a Gabriel (10 inch size), and I love them. I've had them for a whole, though, and can't remember any trouble getting them. Is this a recent thing? What has caused it?
Customhouse really does make lovely dolls. It's a shame if they're losing customers through bad service.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby quidam » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:00 am

That really is beautiful scaring. May I ask: is it only paint or did you mix mediums to do it?
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:20 pm

CH seems to be trying to honor all the orders as fast as they can. For those who ordered the rush to purchase and are willing to sand and string their own doll, the dolls were sent out about two months after they were ordered. They actually did meet the promised ship date of late Feb, early March for my lil ones so I am very grateful. Not all of them are perfect. One of them was wonderful with almost no seams, but another one had some major air bubbles in his face. Luckily they are under his chin and it looks like I can sand them off easily. This one also had more apparent seams, but they were nowhere as bad as the seams on my D.I.M doll body. The resin is beautiful albeit super pale.

I would say that ppl can trust them to send out new orders and they are also slowly filling out the old ones. I think their take on it is to not disappoint more customers and to slowly fill the orders of those who are already upset. Considering how hard it is to run a business, I think it is best to be understanding and appreciate that they aren't simply running away with ppl's money. They made some bad business decisions with their vinyl dolls and lost a lot of money but I wouldn't write them off so quickly.

Ah, sorry for such a long post but I just wanted to share my opinion on this matter since there are so many ppl who hate CH right now. Their sculpts are super cute so I hope ppl start to trust them again.

Note: I took a gamble and ordered in Mid January after all the scandal had already started. I know ppl who joined earlier rushes waited longer, but those who joined the later ones seemed to have gotten their orders on time.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby arrowchild » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:06 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:Uri is such a cute doll - I love mine! Your boy is darling, and the paint job is really nice! Thank you for posting him, it's good to see more CustomHouse dolls. If they get their act together, I wouldn't mind having another one. They really are nice sculpts.

Thanks! My friend got an Uri as well in the order-it was so much fun to see how different they can look with unique face-ups-it's a fun little sculpt :)

kmadame wrote:So beautiful and realistic looking! more pix please >w<

Thank you!

EAB wrote:I have a Uriel and a Gabriel (10 inch size), and I love them. I've had them for a whole, though, and can't remember any trouble getting them. Is this a recent thing? What has caused it?
Customhouse really does make lovely dolls. It's a shame if they're losing customers through bad service.

It's been going on for a little over a year now I think. For a long while they weren't sending out dolls, (12+ month wait times etc.) and people have had issues with dolls arriving broken and/or missing pieces, (and they won't send replacement parts unless you buy another doll lol). But since the start of the year, they do seem to be trying to get better. I hope they do! I like these little guys :)

quidam wrote:That really is beautiful scaring. May I ask: is it only paint or did you mix mediums to do it?

Thank you! I love love LOVE painting scars :D I only use layers of paint and pastel.

landwhale wrote:CH seems to be trying to honor all the orders as fast as they can. For those who ordered the rush to purchase and are willing to sand and string their own doll, the dolls were sent out about two months after they were ordered. .

I was very pleasantly suprised at the quality of our dolls when they arrived-like you said, nice seam sanding etc etc. We purchased ours as kits and the seams were less jagged than my Sard's were when he arrived lol
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale