Go to footer

Draculaura Repaint.

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Draculaura Repaint.

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 am

I apologise for such a late posting but real life has bodyslammed me so I've been lazy to post shiz. Also I was very disappointed with the Draculaura I got so yeah...

Okays, now that I had both the dolls I truly wanted I was worried about buying a core doll. So I spent 10 minutes looking for a UlaD with a nice spread of pink hair.

I did not notice the ugly black smudges on her face until I went to acetone her face, but god, they were on the sides, chin and nose.

Not only that, her right arm is actually this weird matte finish with black stains on it, with her elbow actually filled with too much plastic so not only I can't bend it, it pops out of her arm socket. And her hand on the same arm couldn't be removed very easily unless I tugged until there were stress marks. I used a blade to clear off the excess plastic and her arm is moving reasonably well, but it's still weird and greyish. I assume I shall not be be putting her stock outfit back on any time soon.

And her neck is loose.

I'm pretty much upset since I was severely anal and spent around ten minutes scrutinising which Draculaura to take home and picked the one with a reasonable spread of pink in her hair. Also, asides from Ghoulia, Draculaura is my ALL TIME favourite character from the franchise and seeing this doll have so many flaws compared to my other two just pisses me off.

Ah well, I'm giving her vintage Licca face paint to continue my whacky "do Monster High dolls with Japanese doll style repaints."

But honestly, blah.

Creepy Faceless UlaD.

People have been complaining that recent UlaDs have more focused eyes and that makes them look less like the webisodes. Personally I don't think the stock face variations either suit the webisode gal.

I was pleasantly surprised that she had a really Japanese doll style face with the face shape and all. It's not as sunken in as Ghoulia's or as bulgy as Lagoona's. I find it a nice inbetween sculpt.

And yeah, Draculicca has fangs.

Yeah, I was experimenting with different looks... Unfortunately she didn't have the right footwear :/

You can also somewhat see the damage her right arm has. (It's our left)

Draculicca and Ghoulia.... Yeah, they definitely seem to get on well :3

Honestly, I think Ghoulia's become sassier with the introduction of Draculicca.

Sassy Ghoulia.

Yeah, I'm happy I got a decent haired doll if not for the other horrendous crimes against me. :P

Oh... um... I should get some men around >:3 (Knowing my luck they'll be gay for each other)
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Draculaura Repaint.

Postby x0xPeachyx0x » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 am

Awh, Draculicca is suuuper adorable >3< <3<3<3
Love her eyes, She looks just Great!!<3
~Jordy-CP Soo~ Eljandro- ED Red~ Adelias- CP El~ Lily-HDF Pudding~ Kitty Face- Pipos baby Ringo~Asher- KD Bory~ Dameo- CP Chiwoo - Aubrey- MNF Shiwoo
x0xPeachyx0x
Dolly Pardon

Postby Geektopian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

Hey, good to see you getting into undead Yuri now! :lol: (Yes, I'm kidding.)

Anyway, I'm really liking your re-done faceups on these girls. Vast improvement over the originals, IMO.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 am

Took me a moment to realize they're wearing Bratz clothes, I never would have thought of that. You're certainly doing interesting things with your girls!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby hanabushi » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:52 am

Loving this, all of it. :D I get a very Tank Girl/Jet Girl vibe from them. :)
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Eseme » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Just wow.

Both of their faceups are a HUGE improvement over the stock ones. I like them so much better. I really was not a huge fan of the actual MH dolls, as the faceups are rather googly-eyed for me. But yours are tons better.

Hrm. Maybe I'll pick up one of these girls someday.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:53 pm

I didn't like Draculaura because of her so gunky hair, nice to see yours is looking good.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby PBnJ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:04 pm

her lips actually look much poutier when they're nice and pale like you've done them. :D she's a cutie!
PBnJ
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby delbelcoure » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:57 am

I love what you've done with both your MH gals. I hope you lIke Draculicca better now that she's had a spa treatment!
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Linsilee » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:12 pm

I am so impressed with her makeovers. I adore them both but the Ghoulia one is my most fave of the two. She kind of makes me think of Tank Girl with how she is dressed. *giggles*
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale