Go to footer

SiS doll skin tones, pix in first post

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

SiS doll skin tones, pix in first post

Postby DollyKim » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Mkay, 95% of Mattel dolls will fall in to 1 of 3 skin tones, dark, medium, or light

Light- Fashionista Artsy, SiS Trichelle, Clawdeen Wolf
Medium- Princess Tiana, SiS Grace, Bratz Sasha (close), and most "dark" AA Mattel dolls, the head is Clueless Dionne
Dark- SiS Chandra, some Barbie Basics and Model Muses

Kara the other SiS looks alomost medium to me or between medium and dark, I have one on my wish list when I have lotsa doll money again. Will eventually get around to comparing to the Liv and other dolls of color and the Latin, Indian, and other tones I have.
Last edited by DollyKim on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: SiS doll skin tone matches

Postby Wenelmada » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:44 am

All I know is SiS Grace is a match (sculpt wise too) to the Lt. Uhura they released after the new movie. Clawdeen's a shade lighter than she is. Actually, it looks like Clawdeen has the same skin tone as SiS Trichelle but I don't have Trichelle so can't confirm.
Wenelmada
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 am

I can say the lightest Sis, might be Trichelle, matches the Fashionista Artsy who has been used for a Clawdeen head.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Glace Leau » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:23 pm

I have a Grace. She's about the same shade as my Generation Girl Nichelle, my unknown Asha-faced gymnast, and (though not Mattel) Bratz Sasha. And from what I've heard, Trichelle (the lightest one) is the same color as Artsy.
Where did all these 1/6s come from?!
Glace Leau
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 am

Cool, so Grace would match my Domonique who is a Teen Skipper head on a Bratz Sasha bod, I think that's the same as Princess Tiana. Trichelle definitely matches Artsy. That just leaves Kara. If she matches Grace's little sister I'm in more luck.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby delbelcoure » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:20 am

I hope you will put up a skin tone comparison page. I keep on buying AA dolls and when I get them home, the bodies I want to use don't match the heads I want to put on them. It's getting frustrating :/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:31 am

It's on the list for the late summer/fall update to the site, ie after the move. I'll be doing what I can to say this shade of Mattel matches Bratz and Liv etc.

I'm looking for SiS dolls with jointed arms, elbows and wrists at least. I have the ballerina Chandra with a little sister so the rest of that batch is looking interesting.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale