Go to footer

Jess...

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Jess...

Postby Geektopian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm still playing with a lot of stuff here, including different settings on my camera and the over-all look of this girl. For now, here's the first shot of one of my new Obitsu ladies. Say hello to Jess!

Yeah, I know, she seems kinda familiar but she is a new doll. I've managed to do something weird with her bangs (perhaps due to the hair dryer I was using to soften her head) and now she seems to have a permanent cowlick. I'm not entirely sold on her outfit either. It seems a bit more "blah" to me than I originally imagined it.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Re: Jess...

Postby Geektopian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Outdoor shot. As usual, the face ends up a bit too washed out while the clothes show up better. :roll:

Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Gotta love them W01 Prepainted heads. Would love to see your gals in a group shot
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Geektopian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Gotta love them W01 Prepainted heads. Would love to see your gals in a group shot

Yep, I've now ended up with all three versions of the W-01. I justified Meg and Daphne by having them be sisters but Jess is apparently not involved in their story, at least for now.

I need more clothes before I can do a group shot and it'll likely be a few more weeks at least before I can buy 'em.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:24 am

She's very pretty! And I like the way you did her hair. ^^ It looks very natural and windswept!! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:31 am

Jess looks very pretty. What kind of clothes are you going to get?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Geektopian » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks y'all!

@Setsuna: I ended up putting on the plastic sleeve the head was wrapped in to hopefully help flatten the bangs back down. I guess I'll try the hot water treatment if that doesn't work.

@Maywong: I really like the new plaid shirts and jeans coming out in Azone's Pure Neemo line. Either that or somebody's going to be subjected to The Little Red Riding Hood Outfit (cue dramatic music)! Bwahahahaha! :lol:

Hey wait, that thing wasn't cheap! You know what? Somebody IS going to wear it. :twisted:
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Valli » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:02 am

I like her. Hope you get her hair sorted. It's so annoying when it does that.
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby JanetT » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Hot water AND the plastic sleeve (or saran-wrap and a rubber band/hair elastic to hold it down) will fix the bangs. (I had to do that trick twice to get my medieval monk's hair to lie down the way I wanted it to...)

Then she can start nagging you for automatic weaponry and cool cammo like all the other girls get... :D
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Postby Geektopian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 pm

JanetT wrote:Then she can start nagging you for automatic weaponry and cool cammo like all the other girls get... :D

:lol: Believe it or not, I'm trying to follow a "sweetness and light" approach with my Obitsu girls nowadays. I only have a couple dressed in a military style. Claire (the W-02 "Pinky" head) is dressed like a pilot from Maschinen Krieger and Seraya is dressed in a modified WW2 German Luftwaffe uniform because she's supposed to be an official from a fictional totalitarian regime.

It's a long story but part of my desire to hit the reset button was based on burn out and lack of focus. At least with the older group of girls, I want to get back to the original story I had in mind back in 2005- early 2006. It had a much smaller cast and was more "every day, slice of life" in its focus.

I have a vague idea for my new girls that may be a bit darker but it's still in the rough draft stage right now.
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale