Go to footer

A Few Of My Guys

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

A Few Of My Guys

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:10 pm

As this is the Dolleih Sanctuary I hope that my collection of guys will be welcome here :)

I became an obsessive collector of Vintage Action Man, GIJoe and various other 1/6th scale figures a few years back.
Interest comes and goes and I whilst I have enjoyed figure and clothing restoration the smaller size can be tricky for my eyes and hands.

I'll post a few random pictures here and if they are ok then I'll try and find an online storage host that works for me as Imageshack has changed recently and photobucket won't let me access.... luckily I posted a few elsewhere around 12 months back so I can use the links to my pb account to retrieve them :)

First up a Vintage Eagle Eye Action Man, intage hat, custom denims (trousers) tailored by my good friend and Action Man tailor extraordinaire Lui66, Dragon Models Ltd scarf combat jacket & SAS belt order, BBi M16/203 assault rifle.

Vintage guy as he came from ebay with a few snaps in the garden for fun..

Last edited by ceejaydee on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: A Few Of My Guys

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Few more of the same guy...

He lost his trigger finger during the shoot :o
ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:13 pm

This guy was a Commando bash..

Vintage figure, jacket & trousers, 40th Anniversary Action Man hat & weapon, DML scarf webbing & grenades.

Uniform was filthy but a good soak and a press brought it up a treat.

He has BBi hands fitted to vintage pegs.

Grenades are metal, quite heavy and it was tricky to achieve this pose (with old joints!)

ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:15 pm

British Para - I took these pictures a while back whilst still putting him together; I must dig him out of storage and take a few current pics of him in the complete state.
Belt in pic is 40th (now replaced) and superbly tailored denims again by Lui66.

Figure had lead a tough life prior to my possession and again required many applications of spot cream to remove red marker pen from his face.
The face had seen some unwelcome attention from a razor blade or scalpel too and whilst I could have used a better figure it seemed only fair that a guy who had lead such a tough life deserved to be a Para.

ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Odd one this. Figure came from Ebay with a home-brewed (thick square) elastic replacement where the original thigh pins had been changed for steel (nails) peined over at the ends.
I stuck him in a 40th Anniversary Action Pilot outfit as he kind of reminded me of my original red-head that I owned as a child in the late 1970s.

Far from perfect and with a gently smoothed nose (with very fine wet & dry) I do like him.

And why Peter.....

Last edited by ceejaydee on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:19 pm

This guy was 'shaved' to look a little more like me than my original 40th Anniversary Adventurer aavatar but as I didn't take a clear enough shot of him it didn't happen.
Sweater was a fantastic one-off by Lui66 and he is wearing DML combat trousers in this shot.
Seem to remember that the arm elastic really needed replacing but again as he is packed away I can't be sure.

There was a time when I took a figure out whenever we went away for a day or a weekend.
Here he is travelling First Class on the Gloucester & Warwickshire Preserved Railway - weather looks rather familiar :lol:

As a 40 something year old man being seen with one of your dolliehs in public can be challenging so a good job the compartment on the train had a door :lol:

ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:20 pm

A couple of RAF 'Chaps' and a real mixture of vintage and 40th.
Fuzzhead probably has his arms behind his back as he didn't have hands at this time :o

Proper vintage dodgy eyes!

ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:23 pm

We saw this guy earlier in a slightly different environment so maybe he made it out of the forest!

Self Loading Rifle is a cracking replica of the real thing and with those huge night-sights fitted boy are they heavy!

[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x210/barney_leadhead/IMG_1804.jpg[/img
ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Here are a couple of guys 'Fresh' from ebay back whenever I bought them...

I love this guy as his face really tells a story.. has a big baldy patch under that beret...

Still we won't tell anyone... ;)

ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ceejaydee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 pm

This is a Vintage figure wearing a 40th French Resistance fighter outfit, replacement hands and custom tailored trousers by Lui66.

I took him on holiday to France back in 2009 but didn't take any pics of him.... :o

ceejaydee
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale