Go to footer

So this is what it means to have a husband that is

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Re: So this is what it means to have a husband that is

Postby haruredjen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

My hubby already has his own ridiculously expensive hobbies... we don't need to add dolls! (plus, all three of my girls are in the hobby... we spend waaaay too much on it already O_O)
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:28 am

lol, my SO got me into the BJD hobby...he stumbled into the hobby through his 12" joes, via obitsu bodies from JunkySpot. He needed a female medic with big boobs that wasnt beaten with an ugly stick and had good articulation. Then he got a 60cm....and I got a MSD....now I have 8 and a half bjds and one on order. All in less than a year! that doesnt include my 1/6th vynils or my Figmas!
leopardessmoon

Postby Astrid » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:05 pm

I think that is so cool when couples share hobbies. My husband got me in to fish keeping, coral and reef keeping too.
Astrid
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Sock and Awe » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 pm

hahaha! I wish my husband would get into dolls or at least realize that I'm going to continue to collect them he is just not understanding at all that this is my hobby. To him something has to do something or he just dosen't approve.
Sock and Awe

Postby Geektopian » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Sock and Awe wrote:hahaha! I wish my husband would get into dolls or at least realize that I'm going to continue to collect them he is just not understanding at all that this is my hobby. To him something has to do something or he just dosen't approve.

Hey, they DO things! Mine write blogs, travel the world* and protect the back yard! :lol:

*Admittedly, "the world" is more like "the state". But hey, that's still around 300 miles from my house to my in-laws**.

** OK, OK, even by doll standards, that's a pretty short trip. There have been plenty of dolls who have actually traveled the world but mine got stuck living with a hermit. :roll:
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Sock and Awe » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 pm

heehee!~ I like the part about protecting the back yard best. oh goodness lightning has just struck my brain! If I can somehow I robotize one of my dolls and program it to would bring him drinks while he plays WoW we might finally come to an agreement! ^_^
Sock and Awe

Postby Geektopian » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:55 am

Sock and Awe wrote:heehee!~ I like the part about protecting the back yard best.

I've been hearing complaints that they don't have enough heavy firepower and direct artillery support to really do it right. I guess I should've stocked up back when you could buy GI Joe-sized howitzers at Toys R Us. :lol:
Geektopian
Der Kommissar

Postby Stormlight » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:01 am

lol I have no hubby, but if I did he'd at least have to agree to the fact that I collect dolls. I guess being single has its quirks. Don't have to answer to anyone except myself about what I choose to do for a hobby. Or anything else for that matter.

Still, it's nice to see so many husbands and boyfriends being supportive and even joining in. Makes things more interesting that way.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale