Go to footer

Help Me Identify This Little Girl? (Doll Nudity)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Help Me Identify This Little Girl? (Doll Nudity)

Postby Nimarkiva » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:34 pm

She's a 1/4 scale cutie, gotten off the second-hand market, and I have no idea what sculpt she is or what company made her. Also, my camera doesn't do her skin tone justice in the lighting available, but she is pink. Not skin-tone pink, but seriously a pretty, soft, pale pink. The weird extra piece in her knee joint is throwing me, I've never seen that from a company before. Her foot is also on a floating piece with an S hook, instead of all one piece with an S hook like most are.

If anyone can tell me what she is, or at least what companies do joints like this, I'd greatly appreciate the help in figuring out her sculpt, thanks!
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Help Me Identify This Little Girl? (Doll Nudity)

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Asleep Eidolon would be my first guess for the doll company. Dikadoll second.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 am

I'm going to ask the obvious, 'cuz I have to ( :mrgreen: ) - she doesn't have any company name, logo or anything inside her head cap?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Nimarkiva » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Asleep Eidolon would be my first guess for the doll company. Dikadoll second.

Thanks, I'll have to look into those two and see. :)

Kirahfaye wrote:I'm going to ask the obvious, 'cuz I have to ( :mrgreen: ) - she doesn't have any company name, logo or anything inside her head cap?

The only thing in her head is that loop of resin for an S hook which some do, and a very small "M" written in what could be paint or marker on the inside. She's blank, but beautifully made. I'm pretty sure she still has a company faceup, too. It's always so frustrating when there are no markings- like my 5StarDoll girl, Miro Doll, and some of the others I have.

[EDIT]

Ok, I took a look, and I'm pretty sure she's an Asleep Eidolon girl....not sure what sculpt, their girls have a lot of similar facial features, but the hands and bodies are hers, along with the colors. I looked up some AS girls, and found pictures of a few different sculpts with her same pink-ish hue.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

The seller didn't know what doll they were selling? Sounds kind of fishy. :?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Nimarkiva » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Dark Angel wrote:The seller didn't know what doll they were selling? Sounds kind of fishy. :?

I thought the same, at first, but then I spoke to them and asked a lot of questions. This was a doll gotten second-hand from someone else. They thought she was single-jointed, when clearly her arms are double-jointed, and thought she was 1/3 scale when she's clearly 1/4. I honestly think the person who I got her from wasn't really into the hobby.

The quality isn't that of a recast, she's extremely well-made and the right color for her resin, especially since I can tell where she has yellowed ever so slightly. She also has the dings and minor chips of a well-loved second-hand doll. I honestly think the person who sold her just doesn't know what they are doing. They didn't seem too keen on keeping track of their doll's creator companies.

This isn't the first time I've gotten a second or third hand doll where the person didn't know what it was because they weren't really into the hobby. I get "rescue" dolls from folks who pick up a cheap second-hand doll because they think it's cute, realize they aren't as into it as they thought, and want to get a bit of their money back. Nolan, for example, was one where they weren't sure what he was. The person I got him from had picked him up because they thought he was cute, realized he wouldn't do a darn thing they wanted him to, and promptly boxed him up again before shipping him off as soon as they could. And he's from a doll that no one wanted to re-cast because he is a bit of a clunky boy with limited mobility and no demand. XD

Sometimes folks don't do their homework, and then end up just shipping the doll off afterwards, sadly.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Hmm. Well, their loss is your gain?

Are you on Den of Angels? There's a lot more people on that forum that are exclusively into resin BJDs. I'm sure someone there could ID her in a snap!

It's possible she could be an older sculpt that might not still be around?

Maybe this one?
http://www.aedoll.cn/exhibition/exhibit ... asp?id=314
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Nimarkiva » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Hmm. Well, their loss is your gain?

Are you on Den of Angels? There's a lot more people on that forum that are exclusively into resin BJDs. I'm sure someone there could ID her in a snap! Unless you think you know what she is? Have you had any progress/luck?

I feel bad looking at it like that, but yes, I have the cutest little girl who they gave up. I'm making her a fun dress, and she gets to be my girly-girl who wears the cutesy frilly clothing. She even poses adorably for me.

I am on DoA, that's as good idea, thanks!
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Great! I'm sure someone will be able to tell you exactly who she is.

And do post photos of her in her cutesy frilly clothing! :)
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Nimarkiva » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Great! I'm sure someone will be able to tell you exactly who she is.

And do post photos of her in her cutesy frilly clothing! :)

Will do, she's such a little cutie!

And I just thought of something- I'm looking through a lot of photos to see if I can find her. She came in a very distinct outfit, and the person I got her from hadn't done anything with her, Kitten came to me the same way the person I bought her from got her.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale