Go to footer

Frankendolliehs to the rescue! (customization question)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Frankendolliehs to the rescue! (customization question)

Postby Siead » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:58 pm

i've never put a resin head on an obitsu body but.. i heard they had a skeletal structure inside their torsos (can someone confirm?)
if they do, i wonder if you could remove the neck peg, and run an elastic up the neck hole that's attached to the skeleton. that way you can just s-hook the head as normal. hurm...
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Postby K2! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:38 am

Siead wrote:i've never put a resin head on an obitsu body but.. i heard they had a skeletal structure inside their torsos (can someone confirm?)

You heard right. Instead of heavy resin parts strung together on elastic cord, Obitsu (and Volks Dollfie Dreams) have a jointed internal skeleton if light and strong ABS plastic, which includes several real ball in socket joints. This skeleton supports the external vinyl skin parts and the tight jointing allows the dolls to hold a rock solid pose.

if they do, i wonder if you could remove the neck peg, and run an elastic up the neck hole that's attached to the skeleton. that way you can just s-hook the head as normal. hurm...

You are wondering nearly correctly! To mount a resin head on an Obitsu body requires some simple modifications to the Obitsu neck piece. With the following method you will retain the same elastic/S-hook style head to body connection of your original resin.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10755
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Siead » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:01 pm

K2! wrote:You are wondering nearly correctly!

the power of guessing! :lol:
https://twitter.com/SieadAitGR is the central hub for all my hobby blog/vlogging.
Siead
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale