Go to footer

Wilde Imagination/Ghastly line Angelique (doll nudity)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Wilde Imagination/Ghastly line Angelique (doll nudity)

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:44 pm

My Angelique de la Nuite has arrived and I have to admit, I'm not sure I will keep her. I'm a bit disappointed overall.
Here she is, leaning on my wall because apparently this line doesn't come with a stand.
The dress is beautiful, but it's still just a wrap dress and almost more like a coat. The shoes were horrible to get on and I can't get the earrings in at all even with opening the earholes a bit more.

I still like her face and her hair is very thick and curly. It's rooted so no wig changes for her.
The legs are way long and the hands and feet are huge! This is the first doll I've seen in this particular line.

I couldn't figure out why she seemed a bit wonky to me until I took her dress off and found that the upper torso/shoulder area is about 1/4 of an inch skewed to her right. You can really see it in the second picture. She's laying as flat as she can, but it's twisted.

I can't figure out if this is a flaw or intentional. I tried to call customer service at WI, but it was too late in the day and they were apparently closed already. Either way, I'm not happy with her at the moment. We have to go out of town for a few days starting Tuesday, so I will have some time to think it over. I can't take her with me as I'm staying at my sister's house and she has a new puppy. (All my dolls are staying home!) I may end up putting her on ebay. Since I got her on sale and free shipping, I can post her for less than her current price and hopefully make my money back.

I'm torn, but I'm also sick today and stressing out about travelling tomorrow so I'm going to put off any decisions til I get back. Anyone else have any of this line? Do you like? Is this just a poorly made product?

ETA: I found some pics on ebay of a nude Angelique for sale and it seems this twisted torso is indeed a flaw. I've emailed WI to get a return authorization number. I'll be out about $20 in shipping, but it seems like it will be for the best.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Wilde Imagination/Ghastly line Angelique (doll nudity)

Postby Wispalian » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Eek, that twisted torso joint is bad. No wonder something seemed 'off' about her; she's standing crooked bust up! I already knew that these dolls don't come with stands but that doesn't make it any less...jerky seeming.
There is something about her face sculpt that I can't seem to like for some reason. It is going to drive me insane trying to figure out what it is. Maybe something about the bottom of her nose, where her nostrils are, looks like it's...too square to me. Argh, must stop thinking about this before I go crazy. Her skin tone is absolutely gorgeous though!

It kind of seems like the EG line has taken a major hit in quality the past couple of years, especially the past one. It used to be super high-quality and unique, but it seems like I keep on reading more and more complaints about it, from new and old collectors. So sad.

I hope you can return your Angelique without any trouble and find a doll that you really love to replace her! That torso joint is so sad. :(
Wispalian
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:15 pm

What a bummer. It's always discouraging to get new surprises and find them messed up or broken somehow. I hope they send a good replacement part.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby CrazyYoungCatLady » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:10 pm

I love her outfit!
Do you have any idea what that will do to my complexion? People will mistake me for a planetarium!

My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollyCouture55
CrazyYoungCatLady
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:28 pm

Her eyes are slightly off, If she were mine I would be trying to figure out how to fix that. And the part seems off center. I wonder if she is just a poorly done doll? It looks like she could have a lot of potential.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:37 pm

She got shipped back yesterday morning and I'm still thinking about ordering my first resin instead. (Altho, it would be more than twice the price!) I still think a lot of the Evangeline outfits are really pretty and very creative, but it's just not a line for me. I hope they do the right thing and fix her first before selling her again.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale