Go to footer

Obitsu 40 cm with Ai-chan head :)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Obitsu 40 cm with Ai-chan head :)

Postby Samseramsamsam » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:55 am

Recently I caved and bought an Obitsu 40cm package on DoA. I already love the smaller Obitsu, but I really fear I'll have to give in and order a big sister for this girl soon ;)

ImageImage Image

The cabled jumper was originally knit for Ellowyne, but what is not too tight on these dolls will also fit the Obtisu 40 cm (S-bust, though). The blue fuzzy jumper I knitted for her yesterday, it is a bit wider and comfier ;)
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Obitsu 40 cm with Ai-chan head :)

Postby breelociraptor » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Oh she's extremely cute! I'm in love with that last jumper too, cotton candy colors are my favorite.
breelociraptor
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby K2! » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Oooooh the 40cms are cuties! You'll have a hard time resisting her desire for a big sister.
She'll need a pair of shoes to go with that school uniform. My girls love these. They'll fit the Obitsu 40cm through 50cm just fine.
http://dec712241.gdreamweb.com/shop/ste ... 1202055372
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Samseramsamsam » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:34 am

Teehee, thanks!

She does have the cutest little bunny shoes, but I am still so in love with the magnetic holder that I decided she does not need shoes around the house when on her plate ;) Furthermore, I still have to knit socks for her :mrgreen: I really want stripey socks ^^" Once I figured the socks out, I will knit the blue sweater again, a bit smaller I think... and a "cotton candy coloured" cable jumper with a cabled yoke. I need more knitting time, but I really think my boss and colleagues would not approve of me knitting during work ;)

K2, you have the best eyes... are her eyes of different size? When I was looking at her yesterday, I got the impression that her left eye was larger than the right o_O I might be just seeing things, of course...

Samseramsamsam

Postby Jobee » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:10 pm

How adorable! I love the picture of her in the sailor suit. She looks like she's hiding some mischief!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Samseramsamsam » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 am

Teehee, thank you. Yes, that seems to be her "You will knit many nice clothes for me, won't you please"-gaze :mrgreen:
Currently I have her in a lilac wig with - you guessed it - yet another new jumper. And a jacket on the needles. Will have to take pictures if I ever see daylight at home... ^^"

Can anyone tell me, as the Obitsu 40 seems a bit stockier than most, will stockings etc. for MSD size fit her..?

Samseramsamsam

Postby Samseramsamsam » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Aaand with another wig and a jumper with a cabled yoke :)

Samseramsamsam

Postby K2! » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 am

Samseramsamsam wrote: are her eyes of different size? When I was looking at her yesterday, I got the impression that her left eye was larger than the right o_O I might be just seeing things, of course...

From looking at your last picture

It's possible that her left (right side as we view her) eye hole might be a slightly different shape/size than the other. Whether they truly are different or not is hard to tell from the pictures. Lighting, shadowing in the clear parts of the eye, and eye position can all affect how we perceive the overall eye shape.
It does appear in your last picture that her left eye might be positioned slightly lower than her right (the dark circle surrounding her right iris is completely visible at the bottom but isn't on the left side).

Even if the head has built in eye pockets eyes in vinyl heads can move around a bit from the squeezing of the head during installation on the body, wig and head cap removal, etc. So don't spare the eye putty. Due to the softness of the head you might want to use a bit more eye putty than you would on a solid resin head.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Samseramsamsam » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Thank you, as always :)
I wanted to avoid prying her head open for a bit, but now the eye starts bugging me... Aaaand I want to try her other eyes out, anyway :D

Samseramsamsam

Postby PerlaNemesis » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:35 am

She's a real cutie. <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index