Go to footer

I was wondering...

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

I was wondering...

Postby GlitterThief » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not for this, if not I will delete it ASAP :oops: . I just wanted to know which is the most pose-able obitsu? I really adore the 40cm girl body, and at this point in time I'm not sure if I would want anything bigger than 40-45cm. However, I would really like the most pose-ability possible which seems might be the 50cm. I have read about modding obitsu's using other parts from larger or smaller bodies, and was wondering what would be the smallest, cheapest, most pose-able hybrid/mod I could do? I think I would be quite happy with a larger doll if I couldn't mod anything as small as the 40cm (I would be willing to sacrifice size for pose-ability), but a smaller doll just seems more manageable and approachable to me.
GlitterThief
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: I was wondering...

Postby Tira-chan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:04 pm

I don't think there's any difference in posability between the 40cm and 50cm Obitsus, since both of them use the same internal joint system and can share parts. The main difference is just the height.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby GlitterThief » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Oh, that's great to know, thank you ^_^ I've been trying to gauge pose-ability based on photo's I've seen, but having trouble figuring out if the bodies are modded or not. Two of the main photo differences I have seen seem to be that the 40cm kneels more easily than the 50cm, but the 50cm can almost hug her knee's. Is that the case, or can they both pull their legs to their chest and kneel equally well?
GlitterThief
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Hello! First of please never worry about "posting in the wrong place". This forum is not run by anal retentive power freaks who make people feel bad by screaming about where they post. The only time we may move a post or suggest a different area is if we feel that a question may get better answers somewhere else. Or if it has "naughty" contents - but both of those scenarios are very rare :)

And as you've already been answered, as all obitsu work with essentially the same inner parts they all have pretty much the exact same pose ability. In fact, if you want to really see the posing skills of an obitsu, skip down to the Madh Vinyl area and check out the long running photostories of K2 - featuring Obitsu in every shape and size (except the 1/6 scale) and combination there of. Even a few Dollfie Dreams here and there - but mostly obitsu! You'll find a lot of fans of them around here so you'll get no lack of help with your questions :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby GlitterThief » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Thank you Greyhaunt, I'm already starting to feel right at home ^_^. I've been looking at some of the Madh Vinyl stuff and it really makes me want an Obitsu even more ^_^.
GlitterThief
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Tira-chan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:11 am

I don't have a 40cm Obitsu, but here are some shots of Saber, one of my 50cm girls.

Here's Saber hugging her knees. This actually isn't as close as she can get; it is, however, as close as she will stay without me holding her in place. Something like a clear rubber band between her wrists might get her to huddle up tighter. But Saber just won't hold it. I guess she doesn't like this pose?

Saber: Such a position conveys a sense of weakness and vulnerability, so it is inappropriate for one of my position. A king must always display confidence!

Right... :roll:

Here's Saber kneeling. As you can see, she can't kneel as far as the 40cm can in the picture on the website. However, there are multiple reasons this might be the case.

As you can see here, the reason she can't kneel any farther isn't because of her joint, but because the hard vinyl of her thighs touches together. So, because the outer parts of the 40cm are a different shape, it might be possible for that doll to kneel more deeply.

It's also possible for Saber to kneel more deeply if I loosen the joint and pull her knee out from her leg a little ways. (Sorry the angle on this one's a little more awkward!) So that's also a possibility if you want her to kneel more deeply.

As a side note, Saber will hold this pose much better. Isn't it undignified for a king to kneel, too?

Saber: Nonsense, this pose is perfectly appropriate if one is meditating or eating at a low table.

Ah, so that's your true motivation!

Saber: Hmph.
Tira-chan

Postby K2! » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 am

FYI the Saber shown in Tira-chan's post is the Saber made by Azone, not one of the Sabers made by Volks. The Azone version uses the Obitsu 50cm body, while the Volks Sabers use their Dollfie Dream body. Most Azone 1/3 scale dolls use the Obitsu 60cm or the Obitsu 50cm body.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Samseramsamsam » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:23 am

Mostly, I think it is personal preference. I got the 48 body last week and already have a 40 cm. Though the 48 is more "elegant" and the 40 is a bit stockier (which I love ^^).

Personally, I think the 40 is a bit more "grounded", she stands better than the 48 (or I am just not skilled enough to balance her better ^^")

However, as already mentioned here, the poseability of the Obitsu is great in general, and there is not much difference. Only in the shoulders, I feel like 48 can "shrug" and slouch better, but that could be my dolls and my ability to handle them...
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam

Postby GlitterThief » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Thank you Tira-chan for the pics, they really help. K2, I had to look up what you were talking about, but that helped me quite a bit ( gave me more research info I had been lacking ^_^). Lol, that was one of the reasons I was so enamored of the 40cm Samseramsamsam, I like the chunkier body (it's so cute).
GlitterThief
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Samseramsamsam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:10 am

Here a picture of the 40 and 48 side by side for comparism :)

Imagegosh you are tall by pinkeeminenz, on Flickr
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale