Go to footer

Anyone own a Make It Mine?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Anyone own a Make It Mine?

Postby Arkinlae » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:26 am

My sister just discovered these I'm surprised I've never heard of them I think she really fancies the centaur. They're meant to be a branch of Goodreau made to be a play line . The price has won me over, even if it's for the body for a hybrid but not sure how I feel about the sculpts, but then again it looks like the stock photos might no do them justice, are there any owner pics that others could share?

I'm also curious to know what their jointing is like. Are they strung like a Hujoo/BJD or skeletal like a DD/Obitsu?
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Anyone own a Make It Mine?

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:42 am

I don't own one, but I remember reading something about them a while back - I seem to recall they are snap together jointing rather than skeletal or strung. I can't find that article now, but here's a review the Toybox Philosopher did, with pics. The eyes are on a mechanism like Hujoos etc (was going to say Blythe, but it doesn't look like their expressions can change).

Also, I now have The Shamen's Make It Mine as an ear worm :D
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Centaur body is just fugly. Fugly before the human part was added, even fuglier with it because the proportions are so completely off.

Otherwise she seems like a nice compromise between the limits of playline and the expense of resin/vinyl. Not going to be on my shopping list, but I could see recommending it as a starter doll for someone.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:31 pm

I love the concept. I think the design on the horse needs a lot of work, but the doll itself looks versatile, functional, and fun.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Arkinlae » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:50 pm

*sigh* the horse articulation is disappointing, I know my sis was really looking forward to owning a centaur (she's tried to get her hands on MH one but was outbid. I've considered trying to make her one myself but all the Barbie/fashion doll ones are ugly or not articulated very well). Still a great option for her though she only has a Makie at the moment, but think the price of BJDs put her off getting anything else.

I think I'm won over by her body being able to be taken apart though, oh the custom possibilities. I'm sure there would be a way you could get a resin head on too.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale