Go to footer

What Brand of dolls do Simplicity 18" patterns fit?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

What Brand of dolls do Simplicity 18" patterns fit?

Postby CrazyYoungCatLady » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 pm

I really like the Simplicity doll pattern for the Doctor Who styles, but I don't care for American Girl. Does anyone know if the Simplicity 18" doll patterns will fit either the Disney Princess and me dolls or those pretty Carpatina dolls? I tried searching online but I couldn't find much.

Thanks!
Do you have any idea what that will do to my complexion? People will mistake me for a planetarium!

My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollyCouture55
CrazyYoungCatLady
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: What Brand of dolls do Simplicity 18" patterns fit?

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:27 am

Carpatina yes, Disney Princess no.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:25 am

I've never seen the Carpatina dolls before - other than a couple of the guy sculpts I think they are gorgeous dolls. My daughter has been looking into AG size dolls for a fidget/comfort prop (she wants a doll whose hair she can brush) and she really likes their more realistic look. Does anyone have experience with these dolls?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby CrazyYoungCatLady » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:56 am

victoriavictrix wrote:Carpatina yes, Disney Princess no.

Thank you so much! That's really good to know.

Kirahfaye wrote:I've never seen the Carpatina dolls before - other than a couple of the guy sculpts I think they are gorgeous dolls. My daughter has been looking into AG size dolls for a fidget/comfort prop (she wants a doll whose hair she can brush) and she really likes their more realistic look. Does anyone have experience with these dolls?

I randomly found them online and thought they were really pretty. I'd like to buy one but I have to sell one of my other dolls first because they're on the pricey side. They have beautiful clothes and patterns, too.
Do you have any idea what that will do to my complexion? People will mistake me for a planetarium!

My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DollyCouture55
CrazyYoungCatLady
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I've never seen the Carpatina dolls before - other than a couple of the guy sculpts I think they are gorgeous dolls. My daughter has been looking into AG size dolls for a fidget/comfort prop (she wants a doll whose hair she can brush) and she really likes their more realistic look. Does anyone have experience with these dolls?

I like the guy dolls from Carpatina too but don't care much for the look of the girls.

If you want an inexpensive 18", Kirahfaye, I really love my Walmart knockoff doll. She's the size of the AG's but a 1/4 of the price and the one I have has the most beautiful hair! It brushes/braids/fixes up nicely and is a good quality. I know they have changed the line a bit, but hopefully they are the same quality. See if they will let you open a box to touch the hair. The clothing line is crap but the clothes from the Target brand are great quality and cheaper than AG's too.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale