Go to footer

Tall Tony Arrives (and is immediately an absolute ****)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Tall Tony Arrives (and is immediately an absolute ****)

Postby Vetinari » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Tony immediately taking advantage of his newfound status as a giant, 1/6 Tony is trying to appease him with a donut to no avail...

All of the other Tony's are now rather upset with Tall-Tony...

Tony feeling rather smug that he looms over the other 1/4 scale resident in my collection

And finally Tony's bubble of smug tall superiority is burst!
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Tall Tony Arrives (and is immediately an absolute ****)

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Haha!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:02 am

Cute pics! I love and am equally envious of your Tony collection.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm

:lol:

How tall is your Bishonen house guy? For some reason I keep wondering if 1/4 Ironman armor is muggable for the 50cmers. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks guys! (Knowing MCU Tony's height issues this silly little story immediately sprung to mind.)

I've got to admit my small group of Stark's took several years to get to this point, and it's still far smaller than most people in the action figure hobby who are into Iron Man (Lol, I think some people have nearly all of the 46 versions of the Iron Man armour for instance...)

Iwa_Hoshi Um I'm not entirely sure how tall he is tbh! (I'll dig him out in the morning and take a tape measure to him) Though I can tell you that my 50cm Obitsu is just a hair taller than Tony (she'd have been included here, but well she's currently undergoing magnet induced brain surgery and looks even worse than these two blank guys).

That sounds like a fantastic idea, I've long been resigned to having two very separate collections but I'd love to see if you could do it! I think I should add that I don't think the armour is very removable, I think you'd probably be better off putting a different head on the armour than trying to use panels for anything - though I think his head is far smaller than your standard MSDs... Um. But the point still stands, it's a ridiculously detailed figure of the armour, not a figure in armour, the few easily removable sections all show the underlying mechanisms

Edit: This review shows everything that I don't really have the patience to photograph! (Though having said that Neca make 1/4 scale Iron Man figures too... And I've honestly no idea what they're like in hand)

http://www.xenom0rph.com/2015/11/hot-to ... 9.html?m=1
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Vetinari » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Some more slightly better shot photos, I'm having far too much fun with this big guy considering he's supposed to be a cabinet dweller!

Not quite schwarma, but a fair substitute!

Having to lower himself to using *shudder* a Sony laptop
Glasses? What glasses? Tony Stark doesn't need glasses!

And a final cheeky shot, MCU Tony would totally do something like this with the suit on...
(sorry, this one occurred to me just as I'd nearly packed everything away again, hence all the protective wrapping!)
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Vetinari » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:39 am

Right yet another new reply sorry!

But @Iwa_Hoshi, Bishonen House Vince is about 43cm tall.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Vetinari wrote:Right yet another new reply sorry!

But @Iwa_Hoshi, Bishonen House Vince is about 43cm tall.

Thanks. I gotten curious about those guys since Spade and Mira caught my attention.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 pm

He's absolutely amazing! The detail is incredible. *swoons*
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Dark AngelThanks! I adore Hot Toy's work and recommend them to anyone! (But gods they're dangerously addictive)

And Iwa_Hoshi I do hope you manage to pick up the doll your after, the little Bishonen House dolls are fun although I'd personally recommend picking up one of the finished dolls if you can, getting the gates and very obvious seamlines off of my guy was quite a chore and in a couple of spots they're still just about visible despite perhaps an inadvisable amount of sanding. Despite all of that work I do adore him, though as you can see my poor Vince is still lounging around unfinished because I'm so lazy when it comes to doing his face-plates! (dammit you've gotten me eyeing up the 1/4 scale Neca Iron Man's with a speculative eye myself now!)
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale