Go to footer

Surprise!

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Surprise!

Postby OkamiKodomo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:19 pm

So, I was going to wait til I was done making a wig and clothing for this cutie but I don't know when I will be able to do that. For now, you will have to deal with her nekkid self.

Anyone who remembers me back when I was more active on this forum might remember I'm a hybrid junkie. One of my two more unexpected hybrids is this one! This is actually a Soom YoSD head on one of the new Monster High Frightfully Tall Ghouls, Clawdeen to be exact. I pulled off the stock head, sliced out the neck knob and replaced it with some elastic and a S hook. I have a tutorial for that somewhere around here, with a smaller standard size monster. I blushed the head to match Clawdeen's lovely tawny tones, and gave her a sort of Egyptian-inspired face-up.

And pictured here with eyes! Hand-made by yours truly.

AND! Bonus picture with my other unexpected hybrid, whom I will post more about in another thread as soon as I have time. Now with ears. Those are Soom Cheshire Cat ears, held on with poster tacky because I'm scum and keep forgetting to grab magnets at the craft store.

Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Surprise!

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:14 am

Your Soom/Clawdeen hybrid is surprisingly pleasing! :mrgreen: Is she top heavy though because of the resin head?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Her eyes are beautiful. And the make up too. I'm looking forward to seeing her with clothes and hair.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby TourneSol » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Those are to die for! This is such a neat idea, can't wait to see her in all of her glory since she looks THIS good in nude!
TourneSol
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby OkamiKodomo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Your Soom/Clawdeen hybrid is surprisingly pleasing! :mrgreen: Is she top heavy though because of the resin head?

Not any more so than her original self; those heads are HUGE! XD But she didn't stand on her own, anyway, so I find that it doesn't really make a difference! :D The only real issue I have is that the top of the neck, while fitting nicely in the resin head, and moving perfectly with a little hot glue sueding, looks a bit awkward. Like her neck is bulbous right before it meets the base of her skull! But I don't find it annoying enough to want to chop it all off and re-sculpt the whole thing with Apoxie.

Dark Angel wrote:Her eyes are beautiful. And the make up too. I'm looking forward to seeing her with clothes and hair.

Thank you so much! Those eyes were attempt 2 for her, as the first ones came out far too small! They did not go to waste, though, as my Migidoll Mir claimed them. XD

TourneSol wrote:Those are to die for! This is such a neat idea, can't wait to see her in all of her glory since she looks THIS good in nude!

I'm really pleased with how she came out. :D I was originally going to use a Withdoll head for her, but after testing my Angela head on the body, it ended up looking very pin-headed, but most of the YoSD heads I tried fit fine, so I went with the cheapest one I could find on Den of Angels, and ran with it. In theory, a Hujoo Berry head might also fit.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Absolutely brilliant hybrid!

(You're totally making me wonder if Doll Chateau's new green would be an OK match for one of the Giant Frankies...)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:59 am

Vetinari wrote:Absolutely brilliant hybrid!

(You're totally making me wonder if Doll Chateau's new green would be an OK match for one of the Giant Frankies...)

Maybe! And if not, there's always blushing! I started with a normal skin Soom head! :D I could probably try my Bella head on the body to check for scale.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale