Go to footer

Hans, a Hujoo Arthur

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Hans, a Hujoo Arthur

Postby Nimarkiva » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:34 pm

I have a Hujoo Arthur, who has been with me since Monday, and all he needs to be ready for photos is a set of eyes that I'm waiting on. It was a surprise to me that something so small has such huge eyes, but it does suit him. Since I don't have 20mm eyes laying around, he'll just have to wait a bit, I can't even give him temporary eyes. His name is Hans.

I've made his character into a Danish troll, inspired by a lot of Humon's comics and drawings. The moment I saw that toothy little face of the Hujoo Arthur, what came to mind was one of her troll drawings. He's a mischievous and impish little thing, even without eyes to add to his expression. I've given him a tufted tail which is attached to his pants, as well as a dragon tattoo on his chest in dark blue. His faceup is simple but mischievous, and I've given him ear piercings with silver hoops. His wig is one that I made myself, and his little horns which I made out of clay and painted are attached to it. The tuft of his tail and his wig are made of the same fabric.

Pictures of my little freckle-faced troll will be forthcoming just as soon as he has his eyes.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the Hujoo Action bodies, but I actually like it for the most part. His legs give me a bit of trouble, but it's bearable. I think most of the trouble I've been having is that my whole house is at a bit of a slant because of how it was built on a hill, actually, and I'll know for sure when he's fully together and I can take him out and about for photos. His arms are great, he poses them so well and holds poses amazingly, even when I put small and lightweight clay props in his hands that a few of my other BJDs like to use as an excuse to drop their arms out of the pose I had them in. XD

I also love the sculpting of his hands, they are in a generic enough pose to allow him to do a lot of different things while still looking quite nice for photos. The detail on his feet is amazing, and I'm really thrilled about that since he's going to be left barefoot, unless he has homemade boots for the winter.

Overall, I adore the little guy already, and pictures will be coming soon. Hopefully tomorrow, I'm just waiting on his eyes....which is killing me, he's done save for that.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Hans, a Hujoo Arthur

Postby Nimarkiva » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:39 pm

So, I ended up making Hans eyes....but I love how he turned out!

Super happy with this little boy. <3

The only thing I didn't do was make the pants he's wearing. Wig, horns, eyes, tattoo, tail, and jacket were all my work, though. He's a photogenic little guy, too. I adore my little troll.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:08 am

He looks really good :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Nimarkiva » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with him. I have a photo story in mind that I want to work on, so I'm glad he's ready for photos.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:04 am

He's very cute!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:06 pm

He looks great! You've done a great job with him. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Nimarkiva » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Thank you. :)

I was super-excited to get him, and I've been making some props for two photo stories I want to do with him. I'm hoping to get the photo for one of them tomorrow.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Arkinlae » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:51 am

He's so cute! I'll admit I want an Arthur for the same reason. I saw the face an immediately though troll :) I can't wait to see more
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Eseme » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:22 am

I love how he turned out! And his outfit is wonderful. I would love to see him in more photos with props!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Nimarkiva » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:37 am

Hans got a fall/winter open sweater, with a cute little latch piece on the front. It started off as a hooded parka for Nolan, but then the butt fobbed it off on someone else, like he did his other coat I made for him....the brat wants a black long coat, and won't even let me make him something for temporary.

Anyways, Hans now has a cute seasonally appropriate top that still shows off his tattoos, and I'm finishing up the bag for him to hold the props I made so that he and Nolan can go for a walk. Still not sure what my little cotton-top dummy is going to be wearing that day, since he doesn't have a coat of any sort and is running around in a sleeveless shirt. I think I have black faux leather, though, I just have to find it, so I can make him a coat and do the photo shoot for the photo story that I want to do with the two of them. Hans and Nolan have already had one photo story together, involving all of my other dolls except for Ian, who needs to be re-strung.

There will be more photos of Hans coming soon. :)
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale