Go to footer

The Dreary Girls

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

The Dreary Girls

Postby werepuppy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Picture a haunted mansion, a family that regularly converses with ghosts, and melancholy in the air... The Dreary Girls have long had a life written for them...

In other words: I have been so freakin' lucky! I don't even know how to begin to explain this beyond amazing sales, the right place, and a second hand bargain that I will likely never come across again. From left to right we have: Good Old Summertime Amber, Pessimist in Purple Agnes Dreary wearing Pitful Playing, and a hard plastic Evangeline Ghastly of ... well, unknown which Evangeline she is. The most beautiful eyes, though. I don't think I photograph her well. She was the second hand bargain, as was her dress.

And yes, they are the Dreary Girls - Maudlynne Macabre is their cousin - who live in a haunted mansion that has been passed through the Dreary line for generations. It's a story I'm working on and these beautiful ladies are just perfect at showing the family whose story it is. There will be more photos as I get lighting that suits the ladies, or at least create somewhere better to shoot from...

Honestly, I cannot believe my good fortune, and I just wanted to share it with you. I'm looking forward to making some outfits for them. Amber is going to recieve a St. Trinian's uniform - she does look a lot like the head girl...
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: The Dreary Girls

Postby Qrinta » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:44 pm

They are lovely! Congrats! ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:57 am

Ooh pretty. I like amber in particular. There's a certain attitude in her.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Nice! I still don't have an Amber...yet. :o) Love the idea of the St. Trinian's outfit. That would be so cute!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Ooh congrats on the finds! All three of them look lovely, and they look great together. (And gah - St Trinians - perfect!)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby werepuppy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:22 pm

The girls have been joined by another family member - their brother! Agnes' twin, Viktor, to be exact:

Agnes is very happy to have her twin brother around and it's helped to bring out the more mischievous side of her personality. They are very much typical little siblings to Amber and Evangeline, though I think they behave a little better for Evangeline than they do Amber. Poor Amber couldn't even get them to look at the camera for her!

Viktor is Odd One Out Viktor Dreary that I was lucky enough to win on eBay at a price that frankly was an absolute steal, especially considering he had his entire stock, box, and stand. Actually, even without all that, for this particular doll it was still an absolute steal and I will be forever amazed at my luck and good fortune in finding him.

Qrinta: Thank you, very much! I think they're lovely, too!

Iwa_Hoshi: I really agree. It's one of the things that drew me too her, the face just gives off such an attitude that it was very hard to resist and I'm so lucky to have her in my collection.

kenaiqueen: This Amber is Good Old Summertime and if I had to base it primarily on this, I fully recommed getting this character asap. There's such attitude as well as something very compelling about her face sculpt that I personally can't resist. I'd really like to pick up a Lizette from the Ellowyne Wilde range, I think she looks amazing in every photo I've seen. I'm really looking forward to making the St. Trinian's outfit, I'm planning a re-watch of all the movies first to see which one I'll go for. (Except the Legend of Fritton's Gold. Just... no.)

Vetinari: Thank you very much! I think I need to grab a black wig for Evangeline, help to bring out the family resemblance more. (St Trinian's is on my list of forever favourite movies. Yes, all of them. Except Legend of Fritton's Gold.)
werepuppy

Postby werepuppy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:55 am

So, just a quick update: the St. Trinian's uniform for Amber (as she has informed me that it's not a costume if that's the school you actually go to) is taking a bit of time because I haven't found a good sewing pattern for a blouse. Because I am fail like that. I'll need to make a matching uniform for Agnes, though, because she goes to the same school. Not sure where Viktor goes...

But in the spirit of the upcoming holiday, here's a little snapshot from the Dreary Family Album:

werepuppy

Postby Enifer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 am

Such a beutiful girlies u got there ;)
We aren't all mad here .. we got creative mind.. and it is a wacky one.. ;)
My mostly dolly instagram https://www.instagram.com/eniferr/ :)
Enifer
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby werepuppy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:16 am

Just popping in to show off Evangeline's winter coat:

It's lush and soft and, according to her, she looks darling in it
werepuppy

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:40 pm

She does look darling in it! :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale