Go to footer

No more free steps to heaven

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

No more free steps to heaven

Postby Vetinari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:55 pm

My two 1/4 scale guys that are part of the "main" 1/3 scale group... Um as in they're in-scale with the 1/3 scale guys given that they're supposed to look like kiddies compared with the others. It probably says a bit about my personality that the two child-appearing dolls in my group are both unimaginably old beings... Um...

...best friends - an angel and a demon.

I'd say think of the friendly "arrangement" Gaiman/Pratchett imagined for Aziraphale and Crowley but the underlying terror of gods and demons is somewhat more explicit for my guys, the world they inhabit isn't as kind, and that's even taking into account the inherent darkness in both authors' worlds.

My Freddy-2 is from the first run that Dollzone produced (and he's the only BJD I bothered to buy the default face-up for) it's gorgeous, but does mean I'm a little afraid of doing things with him in case I damage it! It's warmer in person but for some reason none of the cameras I've ever attempted to photograph this little guy with seem to be able to pick-up the subtle pinks that DZ used.

Little demonic Freddy-2 sulking.

...And the little angel guy (still need to get around to giving him a face-up... Erm), he's angelic but in the terrifying old-testament sense rather thant he modern happy peace loving choir stuff, more as in the legions of god punishing humans for the most minor 'infarction' of the impossibly contradictory moral code that the abrahamic one-true-god religions espouse.

Actually really terribly, in a perfect example of how terrible a dollieh-owner I am... Despite the fact that who they are is set and decided, neither of these guys have a name yet. Erm... All I know for certain is that the angel definitely isn't Metatron (I can never picture that particular Seraphim as anyone but Alan Rickman thanks to that particular film!) and the demon isn't Lucifer given that I tend to picture either David Bowie or Tom Ellis in that role.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: No more free steps to heaven

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 pm

I was kinda expecting the angel to be called Gabriel, as I'm kinda getting a Tilda Swinton vibe from him - I think it's the hair and white outfit.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Vetinari » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

Huh! Good point - I hadn't realised I'd done that, but now you've pointed it out he so looks like Tilda-I-am-the-best-thing-in-most-films-I-appear-in-Swinton in that awkard Constantine adaptation. Hrmm I was hoping to pick something more obscure... Or just make something up but you're right he does look a lot like Gabriel.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Geekmama » Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Not Aziraphel? ^_^Maybe he could be a permutation of that, like Aziel or Aziyare, or Azha, or. . . ? :)

Whatever you choose, both boys are lovely!
Geekmama
i see dead dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue May 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Ambriel is an angel who is associated with the sun sign of Gemini and the month of May; this angel inspires clear communication and is also considered to be an angel of general protection.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Wed May 10, 2017 10:43 am

Ooh - thank you! Sorry I hadn't spotted that anyone had made anymore suggestions on here. Hrmm - I see what you mean about Aziraphale, but if he were to be shelled I'd have to get Crowley too - and I don't know of many (or any) pudgy bjds!

Hrmm, excellent ideas about taking the name from the character/purpose there, I think I'll go do a bit of googling. Of course I wouldn't want him to take the name of anyone too nice but ooh that's making me wonder what I'll find.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale