Go to footer

Loose Joints on Tonners

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Loose Joints on Tonners

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:22 am

I'm hoping that someone can give me advice to forward to a friend. Part of her sewing hobby includes recreating characters from The Wheel of Time in fashion form using Tonner dolls. Because these dolls get a lot of use having clothing put on and taken off, over the years a couple of them have become loose in some joints (I don't know which ones, but I can find out easily enough).

So, Linda is wondering if there's a way to correct the problem. She loves her dolls and doesn't want to replace them - several of them are from around 2000-2004, I believe. I'm also sure the shipping charges to Australia isn't something she wants to deal with either.

So, any suggestions?

(I've also suggested she joint DS, but right now she's traveling from the con with a few stops in between here and her home.)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Loose Joints on Tonners

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:05 am

I have some with the same problem. So far it seems like people are either doing a re-body or I have heard that the moleskin/suede tucked into the joint works too. I haven't tried to do anything with mine yet tho.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:13 pm

I was thinking of the moleskin idea, too, but wasn't sure it could be stuffed in those little joints.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:07 pm

I think I'd try one of the numerous glue tricks - without knowing what plastic Tonner use on their bodies/joints I'd hesitate to try the superglue method, but maybe try the old trick of putting a drop of wood glue in the joint?
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale