Go to footer

Queen Elsa 16" Tonner OOAK Doll - Now FOR SALE

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Queen Elsa 16" Tonner OOAK Doll - Now FOR SALE

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu May 24, 2018 6:30 pm

A few weeks ago, I had been looking at my Princess Aurora collection and realized there was a Tonner ¼ doll of her but my Queen Elsa collection didn’t have a matching doll!

I looked into it and found out that after ‘Tangled’ in 2010, Tonner lost the rights to create Disney characters! So I knew then Elsa would never be 'Tonner’-ed.

I decided to make a custom Tonner Elsa since my Aurora was OOAK, too. (I had the real Tonner Aurora, but didn’t like her hair, her dress and especially her 'borrowed’ sculpt!)

I bought a Tonner 16" doll which resembled what Elsa would look like as a human, and then took a few hours to partially root and restyle her hair, redo her faceup and partially made her gown. (It was a Disney Store deluxe gown which I embellished with gems, crystals and detailing and a refitting to a Tonner body.)

I am pretty happy with her outcome! I hope you like her, too!

She is now for sale on eBay if anyone might be interested in acquiring her.

Last edited by SetsunaKou on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Ice Queen Elsa 16" Tonner OOAK Doll

Postby Dark Angel » Thu May 24, 2018 7:25 pm

She is gorgeous! I love all the "bling" you added to her, especially the gems in her hair.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Do you have a photo of the sculpt before your customized her? I'm no Tonner expert, but I'm familiar with many of the sculpts and I have friends who are far more knowledgeable than I am who could take a look also.

BTW - awesome-sauce! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Dark Angel wrote:She is gorgeous! I love all the "bling" you added to her, especially the gems in her hair.

Thank you SO much, Dark Angel-san!!! I appreciate it so much! I'm thinking of making another using the Brenda Starr sculpt and see which I prefer! :)

Kirahfaye wrote:Do you have a photo of the sculpt before your customized her? I'm no Tonner expert, but I'm familiar with many of the sculpts and I have friends who are far more knowledgeable than I am who could take a look also.

BTW - awesome-sauce! :D

Wow! Thank you, Kirahfaye-san!!!! I would appreciate that SO much! I'm semi-familiar with Tonner doll sculpts but this one eludes me! And the seller we bought her from didn't know, either!!

Here she is pre-customization, but her hair might be already semi-customized by the previous owner:

SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri May 25, 2018 5:27 pm

She doesn't appear to be a Tyler because she doesn't have that typical squared jaw line. She also looks too mature to be a Cami and looks nothing like a Deja Vu. So far all of the blond ones I've found have either blue or green eyes. From the photos, this one appears to have a particular "look" to her face so I wonder if she is from a specific collection.The hunt continues! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby maywong » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am

She looks great. You really did a nice job.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat May 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Great embellishments! And the face paint is exquisite! Wonderful work as usual. (Still think Disney should hire you!)

I don't have a lot of painted eye Tonners, but she looks like she could be from the Antoinette line to me. Def not a Cami or Jon and doesn't look like the 'Cinderella' face he's put on several lines either. Possibly a Tyler? Much as I love my Tonners, didn't care for many of his Disney girls. Only one I considered was Rapunzel and now I'm sorry I didn't get her since she's so pricey now.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat May 26, 2018 3:06 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:Great embellishments! And the face paint is exquisite! Wonderful work as usual. (Still think Disney should hire you!)

I don't have a lot of painted eye Tonners, but she looks like she could be from the Antoinette line to me. Def not a Cami or Jon and doesn't look like the 'Cinderella' face he's put on several lines either. Possibly a Tyler? Much as I love my Tonners, didn't care for many of his Disney girls. Only one I considered was Rapunzel and now I'm sorry I didn't get her since she's so pricey now.

Thanks, Kenaiqueen-san!!! :hugs: I'm so happy you like her, knowing you're a Tonner collector, too!!

Kenaiqueen-san and Kirahfaye-san--She's not Antoinette nor Cami or Jon (she has the regular body but with jointed wrists, so the upgraded 'best' regular body and not the slender model bodies of Antoinette, Cami, Jon), and she's not Tyler nor Sydney, Marley, Ashleigh, Kay nor Jane. She's not Daphne nor Lara, nor any of the 'superhero' ones I've seen. Not the Devereaux sisters and not Roxie Hart cast. She's not 'The Snow Queen' either (hee hee, that would've been ironic!). I just can't place her! She's got platinum blonde/white hair with brown eyes. (Was rather cast eyed)
It's a mystery who she is!!!

maywong wrote:She looks great. You really did a nice job.
Thanks, maywong-san!!! I appreciate your kind words SO much!! :hugs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat May 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Update!:

I was browsing eBay for other dolls and found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tonner-Spring- ... SweEFa~fsb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIANCA-HOPS-TO ... 2040!US!-1

It's the 'Breathless' sculpt! I think this may be it! The nose and facial shape all seem right.....
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun May 27, 2018 5:47 am

Possibly Breathless (Madonna), but I would have to do a search (non-Ebay) to say - your girl's brown eyes and white blonde hair mark her as specific. I was thinking she could be a ballet sculpt, but she should have had two sets of feet in that case.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale