Go to footer

My Kaye Wiggs Mini Miki is here! (Updated photos!)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

My Kaye Wiggs Mini Miki is here! (Updated photos!)

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm

She's adorable...and missing a set of eyelashes, but I'm so happy to finally have her! Lots of drama trying to get her out of my neighborhood cluster box as the post person crammed her box in and jammed the door when she slammed it. Fortunately even with the smashing, she was unharmed. Stole some Patsy clothes to show her off, but I'll have to get sewing so she will have her own things.

Image1stP1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Image1stP2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

She came with the exact blue eyes I wanted! That will probably be her default wig, but I may try something way shorter or a super long but still in brown.
Last edited by kenaiqueen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: My Kaye Wiggs Mini Miki is here!

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:57 am

Ugh, postal people..... Glad Miki wasn't harmed! Let Kaye and/or Gracie know the lashes were missing and I'm sure they'll make it right.

So does she wears 10" or 14" Patsy clothing? (I don't recall what size Miki is) My preordered Hope is 14" and so far I have a Betsy McCall outfit and a hand made Little Darling dress (13"-14"). Of course, I don't have your flair for fashion design. ;)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Believe it or not, she's in a 10" Patsy dress! She's very slim and she fits the boots I got for my Patsys too. Her feet are way smaller in proportion than my Minifee or my big MSD Miki. I have some 'glitter girls' outfits I got for my Hearts for Hearts girl that were supposed to fit but they are way too big. I'm going to try a few of my tighter Ellowyne outfits on her this week but I may just have to start searching for specific patterns for her. I'm terrible at drafting my own patterns so I may be using up a lot of muslin to get something I like for her.
ETA: Tried on this dress/apron set I made for Patience and it fits very well. The lower sleeve elastic was a bit tight and it was a trick to get her hands thru. Your Hope should have the same size body according to what I read on Resin Café, so you should look for outfits for Patience, Marley Wentworth or Agnes Dreary.
ImagePearl02 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Last edited by kenaiqueen on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:33 am

Oh, I like that look on her! :D Do you mean the Ellowyne Wilde Patience or the 14" one?

Okay, these are good things for me to know. Out of curiosity, I tried on the handmade dress on my MNF and while it's on the short side, it's almost too big on her. That was my concern when I got both of the dresses for Hope. The Betsy McCall is still in its original box so I might just try to sell it on Ebay.

And the hand thing is why I love my FL dolls. LOL
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 am

The Wilde Patience...don't know the other one you mentioned. That particular set is a Racoon Rags pattern. The apron is open on the sides, but I may try to make it up as a dress just to see how it looks.

I've been spoiled with being able to take off Ellowyne's and Chloe's hands!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 am

One more photo with my new Minifee Chloe Angel so you can see the difference in size.

ImageAngNpearl by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

Both are wearing 'enhanced' dresses...ones I purchased and then added to. I think I may have bought Chloe's ivory one from you here, Kirahfaye, a few years back. I put on all the pink stuff and some extra beige lace. Pearl has on a Wilde Patience dress that was under a coat set I got for her. It was very plain so I added all the lace. The floral boots are stolen from my Patsy stuff.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Haha - with all the pink fluffiness I don't recognize the dress, but it's certainly possible! I am, as ever, envious of your sewing ability. :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby mollym » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 am

Awe, she's so precious! She looks great in those outfits. Her size makes me think she's one that sort of between a YOSD and MSD size? I've not seen one of these gals in this scale yet in person, but I think they are super adorable and I'm so glad to see how lovely her tan looks. Congrats on your new little sweetie!
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere. ;)
mollym
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:25 pm

mollym wrote:Awe, she's so precious! She looks great in those outfits. Her size makes me think she's one that sort of between a YOSD and MSD size? I've not seen one of these gals in this scale yet in person, but I think they are super adorable and I'm so glad to see how lovely her tan looks. Congrats on your new little sweetie!

Thanks! She is 14" tall, so yeah, kind of a between size. Patsy is pretty much a YOSD size, so I would guess she can fit into that size clothes too. The boots are def YOSD that I bought on ebay. She looks like she could be a pre-teen sister to my 16" Ellowyne dolls however her head is closer in scale than an Ellowyne doll head which are slightly oversize. I don't know if you are familiar with the Wilde Patience, but she is like a larger Blythe doll with a huge head and skinny little body. I will probably look into buying a couple more Patience patterns to make her a wardrobe of her own.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Got Pearl's shoes and wig today, plus I found her another wig I stole from my Lizette (Wilde/Tonner) that I never liked. It looks pretty good on her. I had to wash some of the crunchiness out of it and it's still a bit stiff in places so I may try again with some shampoo instead of just water.

First, the Wilde wig and her boots.
ImageNuBoots by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

And here she is in her adorable sneakers and a Monique 'Christine' wig which I think will be her default wig. I really like the look of it on her. I have one of this style for my big Miki and she looks adorbs in it too. The outfit was a freebie gift from an online purchase. It's supposed to fit Patsy but was a bit large on her. Fits Pearl pretty well I think.

ImageNuSneaks by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale