Go to footer

Latest doll family member

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Latest doll family member

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:17 pm

This is Xiong Mao (pardon the lack of proper accents) which is Chinese for Panda. She is a 10" Gracie from Tonner's Mary Engelbreit collection. She came nude, with a wig that wouldn't stay on and didn't really suit her anyway. She fits all my Tonner Patsy outfits/shoes. I decided to make her a quicky dress of her own, but I have some darling panda themed fabrics on their way from Etsy. I got a Lucky wig from Facets for her permanent look. The wig had some chunks of hair falling down that is cute on an older doll but didn't look good on her, so I cut them off. I plan to glue on some eyelashes eventually. Since I'm such a bad photographer, her head looks a bit bigger than it really is.

Imagexiongmao by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Latest doll family member

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Adorable
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:32 pm

Soooo cute!!! Love her wig! It suits her and her name to a 't'!!!!!
I also like the quickie dress you made but can't wait to see the panda outfit(s) you come up with for her!!!!
(As for photos to not make the head appear larger than what it really is, tilt her head down as low at it will go, and then at her waist, have her almost bending, but not quite. Imagine she's leaning over a bit. Not a 45 degree angle but almost. Then, take photos upward at her. This helps the photo maintain the height of the doll without making the head too large.)

Hope it helps!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Very cute.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:39 pm

She is cute! I'm excited about the panda fabric.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm

SetsunaKou wrote:Soooo cute!!! Love her wig! It suits her and her name to a 't'!!!!!
I also like the quickie dress you made but can't wait to see the panda outfit(s) you come up with for her!!!!
(As for photos to not make the head appear larger than what it really is, tilt her head down as low at it will go, and then at her waist, have her almost bending, but not quite. Imagine she's leaning over a bit. Not a 45 degree angle but almost. Then, take photos upward at her. This helps the photo maintain the height of the doll without making the head too large.)

Hope it helps!!!!

Thank you for the photography suggestions! I sorta had the idea I needed to get at least on a level with her, but my 60+yr old body sometimes won't cooperate! I'll try to find a place up higher so I won't have to stoop down.

I'm looking at some Mary Engelbreit fabrics too for a typical 'ME' type outfit for her. Luckily, there are lots of pinterest pages with 'Gracie' paper doll fashions to look at.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:26 am

kenaiqueen wrote:I'm looking at some Mary Engelbreit fabrics too for a typical 'ME' type outfit for her. Luckily, there are lots of pinterest pages with 'Gracie' paper doll fashions to look at.

Dang, and here I got rid of my unused-ME-fabric-from-my-daughter's-childhood a couple of years ago (she's only going to be 23 in a few weeks..... :lol: )
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale