Go to footer

Cheaper 1/4?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Cheaper 1/4?

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Also, don't forget that Evangeline Wilde and Delilah Noir are 1/4 scale non-resin dolls. They are the same exact proportions as Minfees and much cheaper. Since they aren't copied by pirate companies, you are safe buying one from ebay.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:35 pm

The only problem with Tonner dolls is that Robert Tonner is has discontinued most of them and their prices are already rising. :(
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Tealove » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:08 pm

I have a Doll Leaves body with minifee head and the minifee adapter. You can get the doll leaves body and adapter on DenverDoll. The heads are harder to get but they show up on Den of Angels. They price depends on how popular the sculpt is.

The body is $128, Adapter $28 and I’ve gotten heads for as low as $60. But I know a Liria head can be something like $800. And of course you can stick with a Doll Leaves head. For me, I was just trying to solve the problem of more event heads than bodies.

The Doll Leaves body is even more poseable than Minifee. The only drawbacks are is the skin tones don’t quite match. The doll leaves body is lighter. That doesn’t actually bother me, but it does some. You have to restring the body to install the adapter. The fingers are not refined/tapered and the shoulders are very narrow. I think it is a pretty body though. I really like mine.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale