Go to footer

Princess Aurora Wedding 16" LE Doll - OOAK

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Princess Aurora Wedding 16" LE Doll - OOAK

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Last month or so, when Disney Store announced it would be making a Briar Rose 16" LE doll (which I'll be buying--she's so lovely!) and a Platinum Wedding Set of Aurora & Phillip, I was pretty excited, since 'Sleeping Beauty' is one of my main two Disney Collections. (The other being 'Frozen'- Elsa & Hans).
But then, I saw photos of the platinum set and was severely disappointed in Aurora's gown (it's PEACH PINK and just not what I was hoping for at all in terms of design) and I don't even want to think about how disappointing was Phillip, on top of it. :cries:
I was truly torn because I collect all things 'Sleeping Beauty' but didn't really feel like spending $800+ on a platinum set I wasn't happy with. :( (I know I am being extremely picky but I've loved Aurora and Phillip since I first saw the film in theatres in 1986 and subsequently watched it on vhs about 75 times in a row when I was sick in 1990 [to the point I can recite the film word for word by heart even now] and wanted her wedding doll 'perfect.')
For a week, I fluctuated on 'buy it anyway for your collection' or 'don't spend such money on something you don't like and you don't have space for anyway' until I then realized I should just MAKE my own Wedding Aurora 16" LE doll in the gown she should be wearing. (Her mother's white/lavender 'roses' gown as seen in 'Aurora's Royal Wedding' Disney book.) I really liked the main design of it with all the roses, shimmer, and especially the sentiment behind it---that is was her mother's wedding gown. I then decided to make her in LE Style. :)
So I bought an Aurora 16" LE doll and began gathering the materials needed to make her 'correct' gown! I considered making a Phillip too, but decided against it in the end, since my Wedding Elsa, and my sister's Wedding Rapunzel and Wedding Anna 17" LE dolls are all solitary and Aurora should match them, too. :)
Anyway, I just finished her the other day and took photos yesterday!! She came out so much more beautiful than I expected, and I am so pleased with her result! I used white satin with embroidered white iridescent roses for the bodice, edged in scalloped venise lace and handmade satin rosettes with gold beading along the top and AB crystal gems in the center of each rose. The sleeves are a white sparkle glissenette lined in iridescent organza for extra shimmer but still leaving them white. Overlaid on top of the tight sleeves, are embroidered white lace draping long sleeves for the 'medieval' look of the 14th Century. Her double tiered skirt is a layer of lavender satin brocade, on top of which is a white chiffon, lined in iridescent organza, overskirt, with gold embroidery all around and up the front panels. Both skirts are huge and full with a tulle petticoat underneath. All over the embroidery and roses are various sized Aurora Borealis gemstones and gold crystal gemstones for extra beauty and elegance. A golden cross is at her bust, and her long veil is embroidered lace, intermingled with gold threads for a really opulent look. The entire gown is fully lined and I also repainted her face to look more like Aurora--with a slightly coquettish glance.
I hope you like her, too! I am glad now I decided not to buy the Platinum set, which is so expensive and I wouldn't be happy with it anyway. (I'd probably open it up and redo her dress to be like this!! :laughs: ACK!)
Anyway, thank you for reading my story and for viewing the photos!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SetsunaKou on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Princess Aurora Wedding 16" LE Doll - OOAK

Postby maywong » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:15 pm

You did another great job. I love that dress. I need to start sewing some dresses for my dolls.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Breathtaking! She's gorgeous!

I'll try for the new Briar Rose doll too, but I'll be out of town and not on my regular computer, so I probably won't be able to snag one, dang it! It's totally killing me! She sold out in less than 3 minutes in Europe.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:36 pm

You really just knock it out of the park every time you do a new doll.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 am

victoriavictrix wrote:You really just knock it out of the park every time you do a new doll.

How many ways can we find to say - Awesome, again? LOL :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

So lovely!
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale