Go to footer

Help identifying a Tonner 16" doll?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Help identifying a Tonner 16" doll?

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:27 pm

I saw this doll for auction a couple weeks ago but missed the end of it.

The sculpt is, I think, perfect for an upcoming project I'll be working on but I can't identify which Tonner doll it is.

Tonner Anne Harper is kind of maybe her, but....not sure.

If anyone can help identify, I'd be so grateful! Kirahfaye-san, if any of your Tonner group knows which doll it is, please ask and let me know? :hugs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Help identifying a Tonner 16" doll?

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm

I'll try my luck at finding out, though I'm no Tonner expert. I'm just not used to seeing a smile on any of the regular face sculpts......
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby embyquinn » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:47 am

I can't be sure, but I think it might be the kit face sculpt. Try googling that, and see if it looks right to you.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 am

embyquinn wrote:I can't be sure, but I think it might be the kit face sculpt. Try googling that, and see if it looks right to you.

Thanks, embyquinn-san for your input! I checked out 'Kit' and I'm not sure....the nose isn't quite right and the eyeslots on Kit are farther apart. But they are similar, you're right.

The main reason why I'm looking for this particular sculpt is the pert little nose with longer nostrum (and the rare smile). I'm making a portrait doll and this nose is just right! :)

I hope we can find out who she is!

Thanks again embyquinn-san! I think she's close but I don't think it's 'Kit'.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 am

Kirahfaye wrote:I'll try my luck at finding out, though I'm no Tonner expert. I'm just not used to seeing a smile on any of the regular face sculpts......

Thanks, Kirahfaye-san! I appreciate any help or advice you can provide. And you're right--the smile is really odd!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:43 am

I want to say Scarlett O'Hara, because of the smile mostly, but I don't think Tonner created a wigged version. Perhaps the sculpt was shared with someone else. Back to the search! :D

Example - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/58/03/db5803b2cefc72c7d81490a8e9a6a723.jpg
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:05 pm

It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:45 am

Oh, it could be Amy Farrah Fowler!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:49 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:It looks like a prototype for approval. Could it be the one? http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tonner-releases-new-information-on-their-bigbangtheory-amy-farrah-fowler-doll/

Oh it could be but I think the smile isn't quite the same! I do think you're right though, that it may be a prototype of some doll that never got made. ^^;;

As KirahFaye-san said, the smile is so distinctive----it seems like a character/actor doll or something like a comic book doll. I thought the 'Harley Quinn' Tonner doll but then, though the smile is kind of right, the rest of the face isn't. ^^;;
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale