Go to footer

My Disney Queens have arrived!

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

My Disney Queens have arrived!

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Finally got my 2 Limited Edition Frozen 2 dolls! I had only planned on getting Elsa as I have 2 Anna's already, but I just like Anna's outfits better and got sucked into buying both by my 'wants!' brain. Both of them are lovely and the dress details are wonderful. I don't take great pictures and at this time, I haven't unboxed them so shooting thru the acrylic makes for weird shadows and reflections. However, I present, their Royal Highnesses:
ImageQueens1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Got to say, much as I love her braid, I really like her hair down like this!
ImageQueens2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
The prettiest dress!
ImageQueens3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I'm really happy then went back to the nicer box. Easier to stack.

They came with a collector key that I have no interest so I'm selling it to a collector online.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: My Disney Queens have arrived!

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Congratulations, Kenaiqueen-san!!

Aren't they beautiful? I'm in process of repainting and enhancing my Finale Elsa LE but yes, Anna is just perfect as is!!!!!!

They are both stunning dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:12 am

Congrats on getting them.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Thanks, maywong and SetsunaKou! I'm so glad I gave in and got both. The only thing I'd change is on Elsa's dress, I would have used more 'floaty' material, like chiffon. I understand manufacturing ease and profits, but still, that would have been nicer. In the long run, of all the Frozen 1/2 dolls, I think these two are at the top for looks.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:07 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:Thanks, maywong and SetsunaKou! I'm so glad I gave in and got both. The only thing I'd change is on Elsa's dress, I would have used more 'floaty' material, like chiffon. I understand manufacturing ease and profits, but still, that would have been nicer. In the long run, of all the Frozen 1/2 dolls, I think these two are at the top for looks.

I agree about the chiffon! In fact that's what I'm doing on mine! I have redone her almost entirely, and am just waiting on some special gems to arrive before I totally finish her and take photos! But really, I don't know what DS was thinking when they made her capelets out of stiff organza rather than drapey chiffon and so on.

But they are truly beautiful anyway!!!! Congratulations once more!!!!

(And you should sell the key on eBay! That's what I'm trying to do. It's very valuable for some reason!)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:57 pm

There were a lot of the keys on ebay already and I found a person on one of my FB pages who was looking for it so I sold it to her. Can't wait to see your chiffon version. It's going to be gorgeous, I know! What's your trick to sewing chiffon? It always slides all over the place for me! I can't even cut it straight.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale