Go to footer

My final Warrior Woman: Talia

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

My final Warrior Woman: Talia

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Finally finished what was the most difficult of my warrior women, Herald Talia and her companion Rolan. I'm not great without a pattern so having to create a whole costume plus harnessing was a huge undertaking for me. I used descriptions in the books and the wonderful Jody Lee cover art to inspire me and I think they turned out well if not perfect. The doll is a Tonner Agatha Primrose I originally bought for my Gil Patterson but could never find a wizard in the right proportion to go with her, so she became my Talia instead. Rolan is an older model Battat horse.
ImageTal1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I bought the horse second hand from ebay and he was a mess. Took many hours of scrubbing, combing, washing, perming and painting to get him close to my vision. It took 3 layers of paint to get those silver hooves!
ImageTal2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I found a pants pattern that worked for Talia's Whites, but the tunic and shirt were adapted from a jacket. Made them both over 3 times even with the pattern! She is wearing her Sunlord badge as a necklace as it was the only thing I found that was close. It was wonderful to find a tiny My Lady Harp for her online.
ImageTal5 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I had purchased the Toby McGuire Spiderman Tonner to make into a Dirk, but after re-reading a bit, realized that Tonner's Rufus was closer in looks and right now he's a bit pricy so I'm content she has her greatest love, Rolan by her side instead.
ImageTal3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I think perhaps sometime in the future, the Toby doll might make a good Mags, but I need a break from customizing for a while. I'd like to make some more doll clothes from patterns instead.
ImageTal4 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
So thank you Misty for all the happiness and wonder and inspiration!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: My final Warrior Woman: Talia

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:31 pm

WOW! That's a great job!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:32 pm

If you do Mags, I might freak out! Taiia looks fabulous and I agree - Rufus is the man!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby maywong » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 am

You did a great job.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:24 am

Also - I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but there are slightly different versions of Rufus, too. My favorite Tonner seller on Ebay is https://www.ebay.com/str/brodjam. She gets male Tonners often, too.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale